Risk Analyst (12 Month FTC)
Risk Analyst (12 Month FTC)
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
We are looking for a Risk Analyst to join the Insurance Risk Challenge team. This is your opportunity to pursue a career in an exciting environment. As a Risk Analyst you will support the operation of the Risk Management function of QBE’s European Operations, working closely with Senior Risk analysts and the wider business to identify, assess, challenge and report key risks facing our business.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Support on Internal Model Validation of the Capital model, performing testing and reporting to assess the appropriateness of the methodology, parameters and assumptions within the model, and assessing them against QBE’s risk profile. More focus will be on the quantitative aspects of the model.
- Complete Internal Model Validation testplans and support in drafting sections of the reports which are shared with regulators.
- Support Senior Risk analysts to perform quantitative analysis of the business plans, considering historical performance and key risks facing the business, with a focus on claims performance.
- Support Senior Risk analysts in performing deep dives across any area of the business; to develop valuable insights and drive change improvements within the business.
- Participate in relevant business meetings as required in order to understand and support business requirements.
- Support the business to make better business decisions and improve their awareness and understanding of risk.
- Deliver excellence in the Insurance Risk challenge team service delivery
- Build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders to improve customer focus
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Some knowledge of the insurance industry and the risks faced by our business;
- A high level of numeracy and literacy, including ability to use Microsoft Excel;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to build multiple effective relationships across the business;
- Some knowledge of the Risk Management profession or an interest in Enterprise Risk;
- Strong organisational and analytical skills; ability to prioritise and work to deadlines;
- Flexible approach and ability to recognise and adapt to changing business requirements;
- A degree, preferably in a numerate/technical subject
- Attention to detail with the ability to work quickly and accurately
- You may be working towards an actuarial qualification (not essential)
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'