RGN - Registered General Nurse - £17-18ph - Private Care Home - Doncaster
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered General Nurse to join a care provider where Truth, Love and Compassion are embedded in everything they do. Their main purpose is to achieve the highest possible standard of care in a professional, manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of employees.
You will be responsible and accountable for the well being of our residents within the care home, ensuring their physical, emotional and social needs are met. You would be expected to provide leadership to the care team, and assess, develop and evaluate individualised resident care ensuring consultation with and involvement from residents, GPs, relatives and carers.
- Care and Care Planning Report any ill health amongst residents and make requests for GP/ Professional visits where necessary Ensure that residents Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with residents, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines and Company policy
- Assess all aspects of residents care needs and provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required
- Assess social and health care needs of new residents and maintain on-going assessment and review of all other residents
- To be the named Nurse for a number of residents
- Ensure there are no Home acquired pressure sores by the delivery of a high standard of care
- Detail any pressure sores and ensure these are reported to appropriate parties
- Ensure residents identified at risk of pressure sores have an individualised care plan
- Ensure that residents at risk have an associated care plan, detailing interventions required Ensure fluid and food intake charts are in place for residents with problems relating to nutrition or hydration
- Record special dietary requirements in the care plan and ensure this is communicated to the kitchen
- Ensure residents requiring food via a PEG have a care plan in place
- Continence Complete continence assessments where required All residents with catheters must have a care plan detailing the catheter care
- Infection Control Uphold and promote the Homes infection control policy Observe staff to monitor they are maintaining standard universal precautions, washing hands appropriately and gloves and disposable aprons are worn by staff to deal with body waste
- Resident Hygiene Observe to ensure all residents are well groomed, wearing appropriate clothing and that the care records detail resident choice
- Residents at risk of falling must have a care plan detailing the interventions required to minimise risk
- Dignity and Respect Observe and ensure that residents are always addressed by their preferred name and in a courteous and respectful manner
- Monitor care staff to ensure they knock on residents room doors prior to entering and they are observed engaging with the residents personally
- Communication: Participate in Staff, resident and relative meetings as and when required Establish and maintain good communication with residents, relatives and with the multidisciplinary team Deal effectively with complaints
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- NMC Registered Nurse valid NMC PIN Number Ability to motivate and delegate effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the elderly
- Satisfactory DBS
Athona Recruitment's nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in finding permanent and temporary employment for nurses. We have a dedicated team of consultants that help recruit nurses into NHS hospitals, care homes, private hospitals and clinics across the country. Whether you're based in the UK or overseas, we can help you find a nursing position that's right for you.
Please call me on or email on for further details
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'