SF Group has engage with a key client and a world leading manufacturer of microwave tubes, high voltage power supplies, and transmitters for Radar, EW, Communications, EMC RF testing, and other Laboratory applications.
Due to a continuous growth in projects and workload, my client is looking to recruit a Project RF Engineer on a permanent basis. As the Project Engineer, you will report into the Head of Engineering.
My client design and manufacture a wide range of high-power microwave amplifiers and transmitters for industrial and defence applications. The RF Project Engineer will work closely with the product lead electrical engineer and mechanical team to support the design activity, develop test plans and procedures, produce custom part specifications, and work closely with suppliers to ensure all requirements of the product specification have been fully incorporated. The RF Project Engineer will be responsible for defining the RF system, producing and agreeing specifications with suppliers and ensuring that the new products are designed to fully comply with all requirements
- Establish relationships with key RF component suppliers to effectively specify and source all critical RF components
- Control and management of RF chain costs
- Share knowledge and mentor others to build competency
- Act as advisor to other team members
- Work closely with the design engineers to establish an agreed RF product architecture
- Produce procurement specifications for all critical RF components
- Work with the Lead Engineer to produce RF test specifications
- Support both internal and customer facing Design Reviews
- Work with key suppliers to agree requirements and resolve issues
- Work with the sales team to support new business proposals, cost estimates and customer presentations
- Work with production engineers and operations to ensure that DFM is built in to all new designs
- Work with design engineers and customers to obtain acceptance test approval
- Knowledge of RF design techniques, components and architectures
- Knowledge of defence requirements management, standards, methods, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of systems engineering techniques
- Establish a top down design and test methodology to ensure amplifier compliance
- Define and standardise RF test procedures for both critical components and completed amplifiers
- Work with Power Electronics Design Engineers to design and develop new products
- Development / negotiation and management of RF requirements specifications including procured custom components and sub-assemblies
- Responsible for producing RF test plans and acceptance test procedures in line with customer expectations
- Defining and approving RF design validation / verification test procedures against detailed customer requirements
- Working closely with the mechanical, electrical and production engineers to define and document the unit concept / architecture and RF interfaces
- Supporting the sales team in the preparation of proposals, cost estimates and product presentations
- Review customer product requirement specifications and work statements to provide supporting commentaries and information for proposals related to RF aspects
- To undertake any other task which, may reasonably be requested
- To comply with the Company Policy on Health & Safety
LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION:
- Ideally, BSc or MSc degree qualification in Physics or RF Engineering
EXPERIENCE / OTHER QUALITIES:
- Experience and knowledge of RF microwave power amplifiers and associated test and measurement equipment.
- Experience and knowledge of power electronics would be useful but not essential. Awareness of electrical safety requirements and potential hazards relating to RF amplifier systems. Knowledge of defence or aerospace industry design, development and manufacturing processes and standards.
- Knowledge of military EMC requirements and implementation techniques.
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at SF Group for more information and apply!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'