RF Electrical Engineer
Experienced RF Electrical Engineers required to take up senior engineering roles within the expanding R&D team of a market leading optoelectronic equipment company.
On offer is the chance to take on a leading role within the R&D function which is involved in technically challenging and high paced development work that has immediate real world application into many of the data centres for the worlds largest internet companies.
Enigma People Solutions is delighted to have been retained by our world leading client that is focused on the R&D and manufacture of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres.
Working to design and manufacture the technology that plugs into the data centres of the largest internet clients in the world, this company is a Scottish success story that you will hear much about in 2018.
They have committed to complete the relocation of all of their R&D function to Livingston, Scotland in order to make Scotland the centre for the design, test and manufacturing of their product.
It is rare these days to be able to design, test and manufacture all on the same site and even more so for this to happen in Scotland so this is a big deal.
Successful candidates will quickly grow to be a key member within the development team and will be directly involved with the design and development of opto-electronic packages and circuits for data rates of 10Gb/s and higher.
Key responsibilities will include:
- 3D simulation of high frequency optoelectronic packages
- Simulation of gigabit link performance
- Design of high speed, multilayer PCBs
- Characterisation of optoelectronic devices
- Provide production advice & support
- Assist with design of automated RF characterisation rings
To be of interest you will be able to demonstrate:
- Familiarity with lasers, photodiodes, fibres
- Ansys Electronics Desktop
- Microwave Office
- Interpretation of S-parameter & TDR data
- Understanding of Modulation schemes
- Understanding of system metrics such as BER
- Experience of designing with transmission lines including microstrip, stripline, coplanar and Differential traces
Additionally, familiarity with suppliers for photonic components such as packages, ceramics, IC’s , lasers, photodiodesetc.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Matt at enigmapeople.com
- Optical Devices
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"