Joining our team will provide you with an excellentsupport network to springboard your career and achieve the goals you set foryourself.
We want to give you the opportunity to develop your skillsand progress with the firm as a result of your achievements. As a Consultant inour successful team, there is real opportunity for you to contribute to thepractice of the future through your relationships with clients and the ideasthat you bring to the table. In addition, you will be able to developyour leadership skills in a fast growing and dynamic team.
Working within our Reward team, your role will be variedand challenging. You will be involved in designing and implementing share plansand other remuneration structures, reviewing existing plans, and supportingclients in meeting their regulatory and compliance obligations. We are a true advisorypractice, and aim to work in partnership with our clients to deliver highquality, high impact advice.Role description
Our team supports a broad client portfolio across a rangeof industries, from very large corporations through to smaller fast-growingbusinesses - both quoted and private companies. As a senior member of theteam, you will be responsible for delivering projects to clients, and managingthese vital relationships.
Our people take the lead on delivering key parts ofour client services and you will use your commercialawareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills andexpertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes forour clients.
Our Associate Directors are also either people managers or act ascoaches and role models to others in the team. You will be aconfident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise withothers, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise orspecialism.Location
This role is based out of our Birmingham officeHours
This is a permanent full time but we are happy to consideralternative working patterns and flexible working requests.Responsibilities
- Advising on remuneration design for senior executives inboth a listed and private environment (including use of tax advantagedarrangements, where appropriate);
- Designing and/or reviewing UK and global share schemes forexecutives and employees and advising on the tax impact of plans;
- Implementing equity plans for clients, from designing theplan, to drafting plan rules and advising on the practical operation of thearrangements;
- Advising on broader remuneration structuring - such asbonus arrangements and pension alternatives;
- Managing high-profile and complex client accounts andrelationships; and
- Identifying and delivering fee opportunities from clientsand targets;
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culturewhere people are recognised for their contribution.
- Share plans and/or executive remuneration experienceeither in the professional services environment or in industry;
- Understanding of relevant tax legislation in this field;
- Willingness to learn and deal with new ideas and technicalareas;
- Commercial awareness;
- Able to produce high quality, client facing, technicallyaccurate, well written work; and
- Pro-active and able to take ownership of deliveringprojects to clients.
Ideally one of thefollowing qualifications:
- ACCA/ACA/ATII/ATT or equivalent legal background
Our business spans the full range of tax activities and byintegrating these specialist areas when forging a team for the client, we candeliver the best advice to that client, wherever in the world they operate.Internally, the tax department is split into three main areas: Business Tax,Indirect Tax and Global Employer Services.
Our consultative approach adds significant value to ourclients’ businesses and makes a tangible difference to their profits. As aresult, you’ll get to work with a variety of clients, across a wide range ofindustry sectors, from large multinational companies to entrepreneurs and otherhigh net worth individuals. This variety of work means you’ll gain broad andin-depth knowledge of business. As well as providing coaching in key financial,business, consulting and legal skills, we’ll also give you all the support youneed to gain valuable professional qualifications.About DeloitteOur Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our peopleand society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose providesthe foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leaderin professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the firstchoice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and thefirst choice for the best talent.What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional servicesthat include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting andFinancial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrialexpertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technologyrevolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excelanywhere in the world.What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
For a full job description please click apply
Requisition code: 134841