Revenue Protection Officer
A leading Energy and Utilities client of Pontoon Solutions is looking for 4 Revenue Protection officers to join them in various locations across the UK in order to support their on-going pursuit of maintaining their Assets and Infrastructure across the UK. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable Loss Recovery expertise and evidence of engaging with 3rd parties to recover these costs.
Revenue Protection Officer
The Revenue Protection Officer (RPO) is a new role created within Operations Function based in each of the Networks. They will be accountable for ensuring all the costs associated with a 3rd Party Damage have been accurately captured & issued to the Damager in a timely manner in the correct format. All claims will be issued in the RPOs name, and as the lead claimant, the role will require extensive stakeholder management across a number of internal & external stakeholders. The RPO is accountable for the end to end process from capturing & verifying costs, understanding & explaining the repair methods taken to external parties in supporting the debt recovery process to receipt of payment or final write off. Working within the company DOA, the RPO on occasions may negotiate on claims or on those handled by the Credit & Risk team.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate capture of all details relating to all the 3rd Party Damages in their Network including IGTs assets and subsequently ensuring all damages are claimed for via the appropriate claim process. (c1800 damages p.a)
- Daily contact with Operations Field Teams to "talk through" and understand each damage that has occurred in the Network
- Reviewing written, photographic & video evidence to determine whether damages should be pursued and subsequently claimed for.
- Reviewing test cards produced by Credit & Risk Team and ensuring all costs have been captured and subsequently added to the letter of claim
- Providing Final approval of all letters of claim to be issued to Damager and determining the correct letter format.
- Ensuring all costs are captured, relating to an "incident" in the Network and subsequently claimed for against the Damager. (on occasions, the RPO may need to attend site to oversee the collection of data)
- Act as the subject matter expert in validating costs.
- Production of supporting material required to pursue a legal claim against a Damager
- The lead contact for the Network dealing with requests for information from external stakeholders relating to remedial action taken in repairing any damages to our assets caused by 3rd Party Damages
- Ensure that the current outstanding debts for all damages across the Network are visible and are being chased through the debt recovery process and have the final say in write offs up to a value of £20k
- Develop & maintain an auditable record of all damages & claims made & received in the Network
- Promoting and sharing best practise with fellow RPOs in quarterly forums and on-going basis.
Knowledge and Experience
Good knowledge of developing financial spreadsheets
Proven Experience of stakeholder management of liaising with external authorities as listed below.
Good understanding of activities carried out by the Field Teams carrying out their Operational duties when working on a 3rd Party Damage
Excellent Written & Oral Communication Skills
Proven experience of managing internal colleagues and third parties to achieve the desired outcome
Proven Commercial Skills
Excellent Negotiation & Influencing Skills
Proven Analytical skills
Good working knowledge of NRSWA (Desirable)
Good working knowledge of HSG47 (Desirable)
Basic knowledge of the Gas Act (Desirable)
Basic knowledge of the Law of Negligence (Desirable)
Good working knowledge of SAP Work Management System & SAP Financial System (Training can be provided)
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer. Whilst every effort is made to ensure this email is relevant to your experience and job search, sometimes there are errors, we apologise if this is the case.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"