AJ Chambers is currently representing a leading UK-based law firm who are focused on the Private Client and Technology, Media, and Entertainment sectors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Revenue Controller to join their successful Finance Team. Reports to the Senior Revenue Controller, the Revenue Controller is responsible for credit control for specific partners, billing, and WIP management. This will involve gaining knowledge about clients, managing billing matters, ensuring clients are billed promptly, and securing swift payment of invoices.
All staff are currently working remotely but hope at some point when the situation and restrictions ease to return to the office.
It is essential that candidates have worked in a legal environment and understand the culture of a law firm and the type of clients. The successful candidate will ideally have at least six months of experience working at revenue controller level, with a good grounding as a credit controller and some billing experience.
- Supporting a team of Partners and splitting time between Finance and working with the specific legal practice groups. Liaising directly with Partners and lawyers, taking responsibility for their billing and credit control requirements, and closely monitoring billing and cash collection budgets and targets.
- Dealing with a large portfolio of clients and liaising with them on a daily basis regarding their debts - predominantly via telephone. Updating the firm’s credit control system (Aderant Expert Collections) for action tasks, reminders, follow-up notes, etc.
- Reviewing daily bank statements and TT payments to ensure funds are allocated to the correct matters.
- Administering payments by credit/debit card.
- Arranging and attending monthly meetings with Partners to review WIP and debtors to agree on a course of action and follow-up to ensure completion in the agreed timescales.
- Overseeing the billing for a client, ensuring that bills are prepared and despatched promptly, and feeding back on progress.
- Dealing with all aspects of client queries regarding invoiced fees and any detailed information that may be required. Ensuring queries are dealt with promptly, escalated, and followed-up with Partners/Department Management Partners.
- Preparing debt reporting statements and liaising with cashier teams on cheque and bank transfers. Ensuring money in client account designated for bills is monitored and transferred swiftly to office account in accordance with SAR rules.
- Posting e-Bills in accordance with the specific requirements of the various portals. Liaising with clients and lawyers to resolve queries to ensure that bills are paid within payment terms.
- Year-end WIP valuations - This would involve meeting Partners to carry out the detailed year-end exercise to establish net recoverable value for WIP on each matter and recording information in an excel spreadsheet.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills and ability to liaise effectively at all levels.
- Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on individuals and companies who owe money.
- Strong customer service/stakeholders management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills and ability to reconcile accurately.
- Flexible to the requirements of the role and an adaptable approach when required.
- Good computer skills - knowledge of Aderant systems would be desirable and competent in Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Word.
- Effective team player and ability to work independently.
For further information on this position, please apply direct or contact Darren Buckley at AJ Chambers
- Credit Control
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'