My client is a growing international law firm specializing in litigation and dispute resolution, particularly in the insurance, reinsurance, and liability areas. They have offices spanning the globe and over 1000 employees, with headquarters in the City of London and several other offices in the UK.
They are now looking to hire a Revenue Controller to join a busy team.
This role is based at the firm’s Essex office.
- Create and maintain professional and positive relationships with clients and internally with the claims handlers and partners.
- Ensure that fee earners are fully compliant with comprehensive time recording policies and register all disbursements to ensure accurate defence costs MI.
- Check charge rates and ensure compliance with client service level agreements (SLAs).
- Liaise with the Financial Operations Database team to ensure the account system contains complete, up-to-date billing information in line with current SLAs.
- Respond to all queries and requests in a timely and efficient manner, referring complex and contentious issues to the Assistant Billing Manager.
- Maintain matter budgets and resolve billing related issues promptly to avoid delays to the revenue cycle.
- Provide a comprehensive credit control service - pursue debtors frequently and effectively by telephone, email and letter to secure payment within Kennedys agreed payment terms.
- Proactively engage with fee earners, internal claims handlers and partners to improve collections and reduce debtor days attend monthly meetings with fee earners and partners to agree collection plans.
- Review aged debt lists regularly to identify bills that can be chased - ensuring that any issues are identified and escalated promptly to the partner or finance management as appropriate.
- Ensure the credit control database is updated regularly and maintained with current activity summary.
- Working collaboratively with the other finance teams (cashiering, billing and database) to provide an excellent service to our partners and clients.
- Working knowledge of a Credit Control function and legal billing cycles.
- In-depth knowledge of VAT.
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules and VAT gained through experience.
- Good level of IT skills, including Word and Excel.
- Ideally a working knowledge of Elite 3e or similar financial systems.
- Must have excellent organisation and time management skills.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this contract vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'