Our London office is at the heart of our global network, in one of the most exciting world cities.
London is arguably the world’s greatest financial centre: all of the world’s leading financial institutions have a significant presence here. It’s home to the headquarters of more than 100 of Europe’s largest companies.
Our London team has a reputation that’s second to none.
They’re the team the world’s leading businesses turn to for help with their most challenging problems. They work with colleagues around the world on complex, cross-border deals and disputes.
Whether you join as a lawyer, a recent graduate or in a business services role, London is a great place to work.
You will have the opportunity to work on challenging, engaging work that will give you the opportunity to make your mark and progress your career. We believe there is no better place to work.
The revenue control is an essential part of the wider finance department of the Firm and is expected to deliver an exceptional service to our fee earners and clients. The billing function is extremely fast paced and our role is to assist fee earners across the network with all aspects of invoice review and processing.
As part of our Finance Support Team, you will provide the first point of contact for all members of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP ACT, DR, P&R and Tax Departments, and you will need to be confident dealing with a range of different people at all levels using an assertive yet tactful approach. As a Revenue Controller, you will establish relationships to gain knowledge about clients; quickly follow up on billing matters; ensure that clients are billed promptly; and subsequently secure swift payment of these invoices.
This is a varied and rewarding role for someone with great customer service skills who is looking to develop their career within a leading law firm.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Dealing with a large portfolio of prestigious clients and liaising with them on a daily basis regarding their debts, predominantly via telephone.
- Supporting a team of partners, taking responsibility for their billing and credit control requirements, and closely monitoring billing and cash collection budgets and targets.
- Attending and reporting on monthly work-in-progress meetings, and advising team members on outcomes.
- Assisting line managers with the preparation of various financial reports on a regular basis, and advising fee earners on fee deals, tariffs and rates using your understanding of recoveries.
- Overseeing the billing for a client, ensuring that bills are prepared and dispatched promptly and feeding back on progress.
- Dealing with all aspects of client queries regarding invoiced fees and any detailed information that may be required.
- Preparing debt reporting statements and liaising with cashier teams on cheque and bank transfers and payments lists.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills to liaise effectively at all levels.
- Good knowledge of Excel including setting up spreadsheets and adding simple formulas.
- Confident working with numbers with the ability to reconcile accurately.
- Demonstrated use of initiative when problem-solving, including providing innovative solutions to issues and their anticipated responses.
- Previous experience within a partnership/fee earning environment (including sectors such as Law Firms Professional Services and Professional Consultancy Firms, Global Accountancy Firms, etc.).
- Legal experience or knowledge of terminology would be beneficial.
- Conscientious time-keeping showing flexibility when required.
- Experience of Elite 3E (Thomson Reuters) would be an advantage.
With strong organisational skills, the ability to prioritise work effectively, and high levels of attention to detail and accuracy, as a Revenue Controller with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP you will need to be confident working to meet deadlines without close supervision. You will need to be comfortable working under pressure in a busy environment, and demonstrate an understanding of wider business issues and generating new ideas to add value.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'