My client is a truly global law firm that operates in 55 countries, employing nearly 5000 staff. Business Services employs 400 staff in London across Facilities, Human Resources, IT, Knowledge, Learning, Business Development and Finance.
The firm has an extensive reward package that includes discretionary bonus scheme, gym subsidy, on-site restaurant, pension scheme, concierge service, flexible working and holiday arrangements and medical cover.
- Managing a team, including formal annual reviews, coaching and support, personal development plans, career progression opportunities and so forth.
- Managing workflows to ensure equal allocation, monitoring capacity and capability.
- Attending monthly revenue meetings with Partners and Associates to cover all aspects of WIP, debt, disbursements, client monies, time management and billing.
- Providing Partners with client fee breakdowns, using ARCS 3 to accurately report matter progress.
- Communicating progress and results to Practice Group Managers and the Working Capital Manager.
- Handling and resolving billing queries to ensure matters are billed promptly.
- Working with the Credit Control team including follow ups with Partners on outstanding invoices, contacting clients, reviewing provisioned invoices, along with any other escalations to help the firm meet its cash target.
- Dealing with various AP related queries.
- Dealing with partner/client reports as necessary using Elite/BI/QlikView.
- Maintaining professional regulatory standards and knowledge, e.g., UK VAT requirements & Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- Managing the FRS5 process as required.
- Managing volume discounts and rebates where necessary
- Managing and monitoring secondments and advising Partners of the process.
- Undertaking of any other duties as required by Practice Group Managers, Team Leaders, Senior Finance Managers and Working Capital Manager.
- Previous experience working in a senior role at a law firm
- Managerial experience
- A high standard of computer literacy (knowledge of Elite systems would be advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills, professional integrity and personal resilience
- Legal experience is also desirable
- Analytical skills to resolve queries
- Experience in a partnership or professional services environment with a finance background
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'