Our client is ranked as one of the UK’s leading law firms with nearly 100 partners. They work in a number of practice areas including; Real Estate, Media, Leisure & Finance. They work with a well-established national and international client base.
They are now looking to recruit a Revenue Assistant on a permanent basis. This role will work with fee earners in efficiently managing the firm’s lock up i.e. the WIP and Debtors.
- Preparing a monthly schedule for the Business Revenue Controller providing a summary on all WIP and Debtors with commentary on the progress of those Clients/Matters
- Arranging and managing monthly meetings with Fee Earners on their WIP and Debt. Reporting to the Business Revenue Controller and Business and Operations Manager on progress.
- Escalating to the Business and Operations Manager and Team Leaders any issues with clients and matters where a progress has been made on WIP and Debtors
- Monthly review of the department's realisation rates for each fee earner investigating where rates are below the firm's target.
- Ensuring all suspense and missing time is chased and submitted in a timely manner, in conjunction with the Billing Team
- Distributing Partners’ WIP reports as requested and dealing with or delegating queries
- Dealing with monies held on client account and arranging for secretaries or Fee Earners to obtain approval to pay outstanding debts where possible. This will also involve working with the cashiers on maximising 'Client to Office’ transfers in settlement of client debt
- Updating system notes in relation to debtor updates and issues around WIP
- Being pro-active to ensure meetings with fee earners take place regularly at the required times. For some Fee Earners, persistence will be a necessity and the individual should demonstrate resilience in overcoming obstacles.
- Being prepared to contact clients if agreed with the fee earner, particularly around collecting debt.
- Experience in working in a legal or professional services environment in a similar role.
- Familiarity with using credit control systems in particular ARCS.
- Familiarity with Elite 3E (accounting system), having had previous experience using it.
- The ability to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage your own workload in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confidence in dealing with fee earners and Partners.
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'