VACANCY: Revenue Assistant
LOCATION: City, London
This International law firm, with a strong client following, has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Accounts Assistant or Legal Biller to join their busy accounts and revenue team. The role holder, for this recent vacancy, will provide support to the Billing Manager on all outgoing client bills.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prompt and accurate production of all bills submitted for processing
- Ensuring the accurate processing of all write offs of unbillable time and disbursements and ensuring that all such requests are properly authorised in accordance with the firm’s authorisation limits as they might apply from time to time
- Ensuring that all bills submitted for processing comply with all relevant VAT and Solicitor Account Rules
- Ensuring that all bills are checked for numerical accuracy and internal consistency before they are processed
- Preparing full and partial credit notes
- Opening new clients and matters
- Printing and distributing WIP lists as required - actioning requests which result from their return, eg. transferring WIP between files, arranging write offs and closures, providing billing guides
- Dealing with time recording queries from fee earners and secretaries
- Reviewing daily call lists checking to see if payment promises have arrived.
- Pro-actively chasing clients by telephone and other means of communication to ensure invoices are promptly settled.
- Assisting with the production of statements and chaser letters
- Updating progress of collection on ARCS management system.
- General assistance to the Revenue team as required
Are you the ideal candidate?
Success in this role requires you to have 1-2 years’ previous legal experience in a transactional accounting role, either in legal billing, revenue control or as a legal cashier. You also need to have a basic understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules. Those with experience using Aderant or Elite software are preferred.
As this is a client facing role, you will have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Excellent attention to detail, strong organisation skills, coupled with the ability to meet strict deadlines, manage and prioritise own workload is required.
How to apply: If you have the necessary skills and experience please click apply!
- Accounts Assistant
- Credit Control
- Law Firm
- Client Billing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"