I have an exciting opportunity for a Revenue and Reception Manager to join a 4-star hotel in Blackpool.
This is the opportunity for a dynamic and engaging individual to join a group in an exciting new era.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Revenue and Reception Manager will be responsible for tracking bedroom rates offered by your competitors, and making sure the hotel sells its own rooms at the right price and the right time to the right people.
Maintain parity with room rates offered by online booking companies and be poised to spot peaks and troughs in the market. In addition you will supervise all front office personnel and ensure proper completion of all front office duties, direct and coordinate the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services and telephone areas.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends
- Create and maintain a 13 month rolling demand calendar
- Create and develop a pricing strategy
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Manage and oversee strategy for all 3rd party distribution
- Responsible for assessing, analysing and pricing group business strategies
- Analyse overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies
- Ensure all related systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity
- Oversee and audit the standards and operations of the reservations department
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations, reception departments as a team
- Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…) points
- Conduct quarterly property performance review and develop strategic and tactical action
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts
- Evaluate performance of distribution partners and contracted rates (OTA, FIT, tour operator, corporate, groups, etc…)
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process
- Inspire Hotel's HODs to further embed a revenue management culture
- Training of all front office personnel
- Scheduling front office staff
- Supervise work loads during shifts
- Evaluate job performance of front office
- Maintain accuracy of room status information
- Resolve guest problems
- Enforce all cash handling and credit policies
- Operate all aspects of front office computer system
- Hands on Hotel Revenue Management experience
- Managed small teams within a business
- Knowledgeable of Hotel technology
- Business Development DNA and commercial minded
- Strong sense of need for achievement of goals and success
- Good analytical and numeric skills for fast data crunching
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties and the hotel teams
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment
This is a big opportunity to join a business going through an exciting change period with big plans for the future.
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- "Revenue Manager"
- "Reception Manager"
- "Hotel Management"
- "Revenue and Reception Manager"
- "Revenue Management"
- "Yield Manager"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'