Reporting in to the Senior Revenue Accountant, this pivotal role within the finance team will see the right candidate taking responsibility for key reporting and analysis tasks, liaising with both financial and non-financial stakeholders throughout the business.
· To provide timely and accurate, regular and ad hoc reports for the company.
· Analyzing data via MS Excel and other BI tools
· Perform testing and reconciliation between applications
· Monitor automated daily uploads from the Clearer’s FTP website.
· Managing, maintaining and developing complex financial models as a part of a regular reporting process
· Tracking trader performance to produce trading and bonus recommendations
· Preparing and posting journals to third-party Clearer
· Producing month-end information to business divisions in 13 locations worldwide
This role offers a unique opportunity to take ownership of key tasks, including developing and maintaining financial models to assist key decision making along with aiding the day to day smooth operation of the business.
Essential Skills and Experience
· Advanced MS Excel skills essential 2-3 years experience in a similar position
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to interpret multiple sources of complex data to draw conclusions, identify trends and anomalies, and derive recommendations
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentational)
· Highly numerate with a basic knowledge of accounting e.g. budget processes, cost management
· Ability to work collaboratively across project and organisational boundaries to achieve shared goals
· Ability to maintain and develop Excel models in VBA desirable
· Prioritising work in a busy environment
· Ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders and directors
Desirable Skills and Experience
· Basic understanding of Accounting
· Ability to write queries in SQL desirable
· Knowledge of VBA and macros
Farrer Barnes Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Farrer Barnes Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.