Revenue Accounting Manager
We are delighted to be partnering with a very highly-regarded organisation seeking to recruit a Revenue Accounting Manager to their Ipswich office. The role will report to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for revenue reconciliation and control processes for UK insurance broking business operations, supported by an accounting team.
The Revenue Accounting Manager will oversee journal and reconciliation activity in delivery of a high quality monthly close process, whilst maintaining responsibility for completion and evidencing of the associated SOX controls, and will work closely with the wider Financial Control and technical teams to ensure revenue recognition accounting policies are being appropriately applied.
• Overall responsibility for monthly journal and reconciliation activity for broking revenue adjustments
• Review of revenue accrual and deferral journals for accuracy, but also for appropriate supporting documentation in line with revenue recognition policies
• Ownership of the Trading Income SOX process, ensuring the controls operate as designed and evidence of performance is maintained
• To be the subject matter expert on insurance broking revenue recognition policies and applications
• Primary contact for external and internal audit on revenue control
• Preparation of specific revenue related accounting provision and revenue recognition adjustments
• To act as liaison co-ordinating revenue recognition reviews, providing challenge and training as required to maintain high quality end to end revenue recognition and control
• To continue to explore the use of technology in seeking more automated and robust processes and controls.
This role requires a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience of working within a large organisation, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, solid knowledge of accounting principles and strong problem-solving ability.
For further information please contact Laura Vatter / Craig Cordle asap on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'