Revenue Accounting Analyst – Newbury £excellent + great benefits
Want to be part of a community not a company, and nurture a career not a job?
Then you’ve come to the right place. You could become the driving force behind the UK’s most valuable brand and contribute towards connecting people, businesses and communities in the digital world.
With the internet, digital technology and mobile innovation driving unimaginable change, there’s no better time to jump on board. So climb in, learn all about our powerful digital telco business, and come on an incredible journey with us.
Responsible for calculating revenue share amounts for a range of products. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical capabilities. They will enjoy improving and streamlining processes and will have the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely to stakeholders.
We are looking for an individual who can manage their own workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Use custom built Access database tools/VBA scripting for complex processes
- Use business Objects, Aprm AND Teradata SQL Assistant to source traffic reports.
- Part Qualified accountant, with broad cross functional experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working within month end, and meeting deadlines.
- Delivery/goal based worker, who is comfortable managing their own workload.
- Set own agenda and work with limited direction.
- Experience of communicating with clarity and authority across a varied set of stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of Access and Excel
- A good understanding of Microsoft word/excel/outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Can do attitude and ability to deliver to tight timescales.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to prioritise key activities in a time-pressured environment
- Working knowledge of Great Plains
- Experience in a sales ledger / cash & banking role
Our Corporate Head Quarters support everything we do at Vodafone – it’s where deals are made, and big ideas are born. We support thousands of employees and reach out to millions of customers across the UK. We’re also the legal and operational backbone of the business; providing the strength and agility to stay at the top of our game.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.