Woking & Sam Beare Hospices is a patient-centred charity providing the best in specialist palliative care. We provide free of charge care and support for patients, their families and carers. We have 17 retail shops over a wide catchment area. Full details of all our shops can be found on our web site.
As the Retail Warehouse Logistics & Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery and management of all warehouse and logistics operations.
Your main duties will be
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the warehouse operations, delivery and furniture shop team and the storage/distribution of retail stock.
- To provide effective management of a team of staff and volunteers, forging good working relationships and team focus, maintaining high levels of productively and communication across all staff and volunteer within the warehouse and logistic teams.
- Demonstrate high levels of commercial and market trend awareness to identify suitable stock.
- To be responsible for the coordination of the collection and delivery service from shops according to their needs, furniture and house clearance service and integrate customer collections where relevant.
- To work in partnership with the wider retail managers to ensure that the warehouse and logistic services assist in maximising the profits of the retail operation.
- Effectively organise and manage the Collection/ Delivery Organise and manage an appropriate staff rota to ensure that the warehouse and vehicles are able to function effectively during agreed operating hours.
- To monitor the actively of the Collection/Driver team, ensuring effective and efficient time management and planning.
You will need experience of
- Working within the retail/service/distribution sector with particular regard to volume product handling, customer service and contact.
- Working in a team environment and managing a diverse team of people.
- Basic administration and cash handling procedures.
- Management, planning and improvement of logistical routes and driver rotas.
In addition to this you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Able to plan, organise and delegate a variety of tasks to staff and volunteers.
- Able to attract, train and develop a team of volunteers to fully participate in the running of the warehouse.
- Able to lead a diverse team of staff and volunteers to operate efficiently and to a high standard.
- Able to interpret and implement procedural instructions from line management and issue clear guidance to volunteers and staff.
- Ability to calculate and record basic sums to enable accurate completion of banking and trading statements.
- Able to take responsibility for own and team’s development and learning.
- Able to deal with situations leading to potential conflict.
- Able to create an effective working relationship with staff both within the department as well as other departments
This role will be based in our Distribution Centre in Knaphill. This is a full time role, 37.5 hours per week (hours of work are 8.00am-4.00pm).
For further information and to view the full job description, please see our website.
- Operations Management
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job