Retail Travel Manager
Gerrard McCall are recruiting on behalf of an independent travel agency and specialist tour operator in North Hampshire, who are currently seeking a Tailormade Retail Travel Manager for their retail branch.
Seeking a highly professional Travel Specialist, who has experience as a Travel Manager or Senior Consultant and extensive longhaul and tailormade travel sales experience.
This is a challenging hands-on position requiring quick thinking and a flexible approach, working in a small and friendly team environment. You will be required to prioritise customer service before short term profit, and you will need to apply your in-depth knowledge of the longhaul travel market to provide customers with the very best holiday experience. You will also be expected to help develop the retail and tour operating business further.
This travel agency is a leader in their niche market, which covers overland longhaul motorbike tours in destinations such as Africa, the Far East and Australasia.
An important part of your responsibilities will be to manage some of the country programmes alongside your retail role. No previous knowledge of this niche market is required, your country knowledge, professionalism and love of travel is all you need!
- Converting walk-in, web-driven, email and phone enquiries into bookings
- Sourcing, creating and booking travel itineraries
- Managing and administering bookings through to holiday completion
- Maintaining customer contact from initial enquiry to holiday completion and beyond
- Working closely with UK tour operators and our overseas partners
- Managing a portfolio of in-house tours to long-haul destinations
- Representing the company at shows and events in the UK
- Developing and implementing retail marketing strategies
- Controlling mountains of paperwork
- Experience as a Senior Travel Consultant or Manager - essential
- In-depth knowledge of the longhaul market - essential
- Extensive travel agency experience - essential
- Direct customer sales and relationship building - essential
- Creating tailormade itineraries - essential
- Organising group travel - essential
- Sales ability and proven record of converting leads into bookings
- Experience working for a tour operator
- Ability to inspire confidence in customers and suppliers
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- First hand travel experience in Asia, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand is highly beneficial