To support the on-boarding on new retail team members and develop the necessary capability to deliver an extraordinary experience for our customers.Role Responsibility
This is a critical role in helping Selfridges to deliver a high quality on-boarding experience to new retail team members through retail skills training, continuous coaching, observations and on-the-job training. To plan and implement on-the-job training and coaching to new team members to enable them to deliver extraordinary service to customers through all our channels.
To provide in the moment feedback to new team members on their performance acting as a subject matter expert in retail operations and service, working closely with Department Managers through the probation period and providing insight to senior management teams and the retail L&D team. To work closely with Learning & Development to understand the training solutions available.The Ideal Candidate
- Illustrates a pragmatic approach to forward planning and strategic thinking, to provide proactive solutions to ongoing business needs
- Experience of coaching others to develop performance
- Experience of operating within a service-focused culture
- Experience within retail
- Strong organisation skills to manage workload and priorities
- Excellent presentation skills and an engaging facilitation style
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders
- Ability to influence managers and key stakeholders appropriately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly flexible
- The ability to work both independently as well as within a wider team, on site and remotely
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Self-aware and competent in giving and receiving feedback
- Commercially aware
- Experience of working with a diverse range of audiences
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'