What is it like to work for BP?
We can promise a market leading training program that supports an inclusive team environment. A greater work life balance than other retailers and bigger opportunities to promote from within. So, a management position with BP could be your first step to a long-term career within the retail industry and us. We thrive to create a great working environment and our fantastic retention levels at senior management level speaks volumes.
While a lot of high street retailers face decline and uncertainly BP is in growth mode. Our partnership with M&S and investment in new technology such as Chargemaster, the market leading electric vehicle charging provider, sets us apart from our competitors. We are much more than just a forecourt.
As a Retail Store Manager, you'll be managing all aspects of the fresh food operation within our BP Marks and Spencer Simply Food store and Wild Bean Cafe. We want to be honest about all our management roles- they are fast-paced roles where you need the ability to influence, multiply task, motivate and support your team. You will spend the majority of your time on your feet, it is a hands-on management role where you will lead by example.
- Support with key operational tasks, reconciliation of cash loss, producing staffing rotas, attendance reports, supporting with investigations, Stock reconciliation, support with store audits.
- To implement as required all BP initiatives at store level
- To maximise product availability, optimising stock management and replenishment process
- Maintaining book stock accuracy using pre-defined processes
- To take receipt of deliveries and associated paperwork
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Ownership of the Wild Bean Cafe
- Ensure that the store operates safely and legally in accordance with Company HSSE, Food Safety and Compliance policies and procedures.
- To ensure safety in your team and promote our Safety culture- BIZ (Believe in Zero)
- Lead, coach and develop members of your team
- Communicating any key business updates and incentives to the team
- Build and Manager relationships with external partners (Such as M&S)
- Providing feedback to all areas of the business to assist in driving performance
- To manage employee relations issues in the team
We want leaders. We want people that can influence and bring fun to the working week. We want people that can support their colleagues and work as one team. We want people our customers will love. We want people that are passionate and can work in a fast-paced environment, we want people that can think on their feet. Management experience is essential, and you will need to have demonstrable retail experience – preferably within food retail would be advantageous.
What You’ll Get in Return
As well as the usual company benefits, which include...
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Company pension scheme
- Save as you earn scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Staff discount
And much more.
You will be working in an exciting, transforming environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own ambitions. You will also be rewarded with a competitive salary which will be dependent on experience and the location of the store you are applying. You will be part of a company that value you as an individual.
If progression, stability and great training is what you are looking for, apply to us now we are waiting to hear from you! Come and fuel your career.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'