TJ Hughes - Store Manager - East Kilbride
TJ Hughes is a discount department store chain specialising in home and fashion, fragrance and cosmetics, technology and electrical goods.
TJ’s (as everyone usually calls us) first started trading in 1912 and since day one we have been offering our customers premium brands at discounted prices. We are a family run business, with our headquarters based in Liverpool and are now trading from 23 stores across the UK: from Eastbourne in the South to Glasgow in the North.
We are currently opening a new store based at the East Kilbride Regional Shopping Centre and are recruiting for a Store Manager to lead our new store team.As a Store Manager your role is to manage and lead all aspects of the store operation in line with Company policies and procedures in order to maximise sales, profit and potential, deliver brand consistency. Utilising available resources to ensure a consistently high standard of customer service is provided.
The role of Store Manager comes with a wide range of responsibilities, some of which are listed below.
- Ensure that all store KPI’s are delivered in line with targets and budgets.
- Influence commercial decisions, trade the store to the adherence of Company standards across each Department.
- Ensure that the store operates in accordance with Company policies and procedures in order to achieve the required level of operating standards and customer service.
- Ensure that Managers and sales staff are recruited, trained and developed to increase their capability in relation to both current duties and progression to more senior roles.
- Ensure that all areas of the store are safely and securely maintained in accordance with Company policies and procedures and that all statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Co-ordinate and control stock counts in line with department work programme and company procedures. Provide accurate and detailed report, identifying key areas for improvement.
Alcohol Licence (not essential but would be advantageous)
Effective leadership and the ability to motivate others
The ability to plan and prioritise workloads and delegate accordingly
The capacity to grasp new concepts quickly, to be flexible and adaptable to change
Excellent communication skills
The ability to multi task and work under pressure
Good IT Skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive 'can do’ individual and if you feel you are the ideal candidate then we would love for you to be part of the team.
We have a culture in our stores which is fast paced and exciting. If you are passionate, innovative and want to work with us, then forward your CV and covering letter to our recruitment email address.
- Commercial Awareness
- Time Management
- Customer Focused
- Retail Operations
- Leadership Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'