Retail Store Manager
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Store Manager to join their team based in Portishead. Joining on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £26,926 per annum + bonuses.
Are you an experienced retail manager who’d like to have your own business one day?
Our client is looking for ambitious candidates with star management quality to help us make their company THE place people think about when they need wine. In return, they’ll give you the chance to fast-track your entrepreneurial career.
The Store Managerrole:
As Manager you’ll be responsible for the overall running of the Store. That includes keeping it fully staffed at all times, the shelves fully stocked and looking great, and the customer experience 5-star. There’ll be KPIs and sales targets to hit, and profits to turn. So we’ll expect you to lead from the front, using your great coaching skills and management experience to develop your people into a team of retail superstars.
With the store running like a well-oiled machine, your main goal will be to help their customers discover and buy wines they’ll absolutely love, and give them such an enjoyable experience they’ll keep coming back for more. After that, the profit should take care of itself.
With their intensive training and development programme under your belt, if you’re really knocking it out the park, you’ll get the chance to become a Business Partner, effectively running a Store as your own business.
Skills and Experience required of their Store Manager:
- Minimum of 2 years’ managerial experience in the retail or hospitality industry
- Seasoned professionals who are at home writing business plans, and working with profit and loss statements
- You’re a friendly face who’s happy to roll up your sleeves and muck in with your team mates
- sixth sense for delivering exactly what the customer wants and needs. And you’re willing to go the extra mile to make sure every customer leaves with a warm feeling about the company
- Great communicator
- You’re over 20 years old and have held a full (UK valid) driving license for at least 12 months
- You have a degree or relevant qualification, or a successful track record in your career to date
- Retail is no 9—5 job. There are busy sales periods, weekends, and wine exams to study for. It can be a challenging environment. But for people with drive and commitment, a highly rewarding one
- You’ll need at least 2 years’ experience in sales and management. Plus a track record of great team leadership, operational excellence, and delivering best in class customer service
Benefits of becoming their Store Manager:
- An attractive starting salary of £26,926 + bonuses
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Business Partner, earning a salary of up to £50,000 OTE
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
- A contributory company Pension Plan, to help build up that nest egg for your future
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary)
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
- Industry Leading Training and respected wine qualifications. PLUS invites to wine tasting events and educational travel opportunities abroad
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends. PLUS free lunch Fridays and a 16-25 Railcard (if you’re eligible)
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Store Manager then please click ‘apply’ now, they would love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job