Established in 1987, Ramsdens are an ever-expanding successful business who pride themselves on still having the caring/family feel approach. We have a fantastic opportunity for a Customer Service Assistant / Sales Assistant / Retails Assistant to join the Ramsdens Family!
Job Title: Retail Branch Assistant x 2
Hours: 16 hours over 2 days (Monday-Sunday) / 14.25 hours working Saturday & Sunday
Salary: £7.83ph (irrespective of age) rising to £8.00ph following successful probationary period
Benefits: Fantastic Bonus Scheme, 28 days Holiday pro-rata including Bank Holidays increasing to 33 with service, Birthday Holiday, Childcare Vouchers and Uniform provided.
Our Newton Mearns branch is a new addition to the Ramsdens expanding branch network. You will have the opportunity to be part of a new team and build a great brand awareness.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Serve customers in line with Company processes and procedures, offering the best possible service and ensuring customer requirements are met at all times
- Relationship building with customer and colleagues alike
- Processing customer transactions such as foreign currency, pawnbroking loans and gold/silver buying with minimal error
- Testing and establishing the authenticity of jewellery, foreign currency and electronic devices
- Selling, cross-selling and up-selling various items to customers
- Completing all administrative tasks as required
- Understanding and working within the legal requirements of various legislation
- The ability to sell to customers
- Be able to demonstrate how you manage your day to day priorities either at work or home
- Able to work to targets and follow agreed negotiation techniques
- Can take instruction and communicate confidently with colleagues and customers
- Have basic knowledge of both the operation of a PC and keyboard skills
- Be fully prepared to work additional hours at short notice in other branches
- Face to face customer experience
- Retail experience
- Basic maths skills
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Team Player
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator and listener
- Friendly and approachable
- Hard working
The successful applicant must work hard to deliver all of our company services and procedures and take pride in giving their customers the best experience when visiting our stores, don't worry, we'll give you the training and development you need and not forgetting the opportunity to progress your career with us!
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service