Retail Sales Assistant
Our client, a leading tile manufacturer and distributor, is looking for an enthusiastic, hard working individual with a flair for interior design to join their store team on a permanent basis. The client is a dynamic and established organisation with a proven record of continued growth.
Reporting to the Retail Manager, you will work successfully as part of the established shop team and will take responsibility for providing advice and guidance to customers in a professional yet personable manner.
- Greeting customers; advising each individual according to needs and requirements
- Completing sales effectively
- Providing the customer and company with the necessary documentation post sale
- Keeping up to date with current sales and promotions as well as policies regarding payment and exchanges
- Continuously updating product knowledge
- Maintaining sales records
- Staying vigilant daily - handling security risks efficiently
- Recommending, selecting, and helping to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer need
- Describing the range of products and explaining, in detail, the use, operation, and care of them to customers.
- Visual merchandising to correctly display stock
- Replenishing stock as and when required
- Ensuring good housekeeping
- Ad hoc duties as required
Suitable candidates will:
- Have a flair for interior design with previous work experience and/or studies in art and design
- Be passionate about design concepts and proposals and will be able to present these to customers
- Have a flair for design and colour
- Have the ability to adapt design skills to promote products accordingly
- Have GCSE grade C (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with customers on a consultancy basis
- Be creative, imaginative and energetic
- Have a valid driving licence
- Be willing to transport stock from the warehouse to shop floor and to customer’s vehicles when required
- Be willing to work weekends as part of the staff rota
- Be IT literate
- Be reliable and able to work unsupervised
This is a full time, permanent, and is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company working at the forefront of their industry. If you feel this could the right opportunity for you email us your CV directly or call one of our Account Managers for more information.
- Interior Design
- Retail Sales