*Retail Real Estate Planner London, UK*
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
*What is the role*
The Real Estate Planner's role within the UK Retail business is to manage all Real Estate activities across the Retail Network through a small number of key Service Providers.
*What will you do*
- Develop a Multi-Year Plan for Real Estate transactions which supports delivery of the Network Strategy, maximising value and minimising commercial risk across the Real Estate portfolio. This plan will be delivered via consistent application of strong program management, communication and influencing skillsets.
- Oversee and engage in key transactions and negotiations supporting Real Estate Partners.
- Meet operational Real Estate KPIs including timely payment and transactions and accurate budget management.
Accountabilities of the role include:
- To manage the annual UK Retail Real Estate budget for the entire Shell owned UK Retail Network: ensuring that rent and property tax obligations are met and identifying and pursuing cost reduction and compensation opportunities.
- To develop and present Real Estate Business cases, including Lease renewals, Service Station disposals, and sublease opportunities, drawing in a wider business and strategic context.
- To ensure that Real Estate considerations and opportunities are drawn into Network investment plans - which are focused on delivering Traditional Fuels, 'Low Emissions' fuel alternatives and Non Fuels Retail (Food for Now and Convenience Retail), working closely with internal stakeholders and Real Estate and Engineering partners to do this.
- To drive excellence in Real Estate partner and contract management. Specifically, to ensure that the Real Estate partner is performing against agreed relevant KPIs which focus on maximising end to end value.
- To act as key focal point for Global Retail Real Estate Community, sharing best practise arising from UK Real Estate activities.
*What we need from you *
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Understanding of the Real Estate function, Charter Surveyor preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in Real Estate budget development and
- Sound Contract Management experience
- Proven experience of developing business cases and writing and presenting investment proposals
- Excellent communication and influencing skillset
* What we offer*
*Our values *
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Join us and you’ll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
*Women’s perspective *
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. And we've retained our title as a top employer for women in the Times again in 2016.
We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies backed by leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll help foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme and our extensive Women's Network.
*People with an impairment *
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We want to encourage those of you who may face an impairment to regard Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that.
If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process. From application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.
Please apply by using the *'Apply' *button.
*Agency calls are not appreciated.*
Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, London, Assetmanager, Real Estate Agent, Budget Management.