Retail Project Accountant 12 month Fixed Term Contract
c £50,000 plus car allowance
Endless career opportunities within this world leading information technology business, dedicated to improving the global community through its pursuit of groud breaking innovations.
The primary purpose of the Retail Project Accountant role is to provide financial support for a new Store. This role will be involved in managing budgets for the full development of the store, along with setting up financial policies and procedures for the store. The Retail Project Accountant will interact across several areas of the business but will work closely with the Store Project Team.
Key Responsibilities for the Retail Project Accountant
- Strong understanding of building complete P&L models with sensitivity analysis.
- Budget control management - ensuring costs accurately recorded and monitored versus budget.
- P&L reporting to update business of status of Store Project.
- Producing and implementing financial processes and policies for Store Project in line with internal guidelines.
- Evaluate the return on investment of sales and retail marketing activities, facilitate business decisions in maximising their commercial return.
- Ensure the actual costs incurred for the Store Project at the month end are landed as per expectation.
- Business partnering with key Store Project stakeholders as required in driving the financial performance of the retail strategy by providing financial insights, analysis and value add reporting
- Extensive communications with key stakeholders to help them monitor and substantiate the Store Project financial and operational status compared to forecast
Key Attributes necessary to be considered for the Retail Project Accountant role
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experience of working within Retail sectors is preferred.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Hands on experience of using SAP systems are preferred.
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong commercial acumen
- Effective communication at all levels
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and deliver quality output
- Proven track record in demonstrating accountability, ownership and proactive approach
- Commercial Finance
- Management Accounting
- KPI Reports