Working in partnership with one of the largest and most widely respected rail businesses in the UK, our client is looking for an experience and commercial individual to join the commercial team as Retail Operations Manager. The Central purpose of this role be to provide commercial and supplier management of the retail systems technology portfolio. The role will be responsible for collating all the relevant operational information across the retail and IT teams.
The Role :
- Lead all major retail and digital contracts for the business.
- Plan all retail and technology products and their roadmap.
- Manage the budget for all the new retail technology projects and initiatives and contracts as required.
- Lead and motivate the line reports numbering two.
- Act as the key liaison point between Retail and IT Team.
- Develop and manage retail product road maps across TVM'S, Website Booking Engine, DORIS, Station TIS, Call Center TIS and Web Admin in conjunction with dedicated retail team product owners
- Lead on all core retail technical deployments and incident management (inc escalations) with in conjunction with IT team and Service Desk colleagues (none on call)
- Attendance at key industry retail working boards/groups as required
SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A self-motivated, proactive individual who can act on their own initiative and recommend courses of action in any given circumstance. The ability to communicate at all levels and provide documents to a high standard is essential.
- An ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, stakeholders and customers alike relating to the CBE (Central Booking Engine) and its associated front and back end applications.
- A good communicator able to work with a range of people who various skills who is prepared to travel to engage with suppliers and stakeholders alike if required.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in either a rail or a technology business operations management environment or possible had Account Director experience within a Digital Agency.
- High level of technical competency either in rail retail systems or similar scale operational industry
- Extensive experience of managing large technology contracts and projects
- Experience working with RDG and RSP accreditation frameworks highly desirable
- Appreciation of rail ticketing and fares and industry systems Fares, NRS, NRE, LSM etc
- Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Good attention to detail
- Digital and technology savvy
- Good organisational skills
- Strong negotiation and supplier management skills
- Ability to represent the at a senior level and develop relationships with key industry personnel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'