We are delighted to be recruiting for a wide range of fabulous management roles for our exciting brand-new centre at Bridgford, Nottinghamshire. These roles include a Retail manager who will oversee our exciting Furniture and Christmas product categories.
ABOUT THE CENTRE
Blue Diamond Garden and Home, Bridgford is a unique, innovative and purpose-built garden centre currently being developed on a 14-acre site (currently occupied by the Bridgford Garden Centre) directly on the A46 just outside East Bridgford, Nottinghamshire.
Due to open in Spring 2018, this will be the Blue Diamond Group’s 20th garden centre and with 9,500sqm of retailing space, including a cold covered house plant area, 3 restaurants, and a play barn it will be one of the UK’s largest destination centres. It will be capable of generating £10m+ in annual turnover and will offer our AB1 target customers with a truly unique retail experience, offering the very best in garden and home living products.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To run our Furniture and Christmas Department it is essential that you are passionate about direct selling to the customer and a creative individual with a flair for display, and have the ability to ensure the store is presented and merchandised in a dynamic, inviting style.
As a department head you can make a real difference from day one as you will be involved in driving sales and maximising profits, creating stunning and inspirational visual displays, managing stock levels and motivating and developing your team.
It takes a lot of hard work to be a Retail Manager with Blue Diamond so you will need to be dynamic, positive and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. You'll also need to be able to prioritise your workload, work under pressure and display a "can do" attitude at all times.
To be successful as a Retail Manager in Furniture and Christmas you will:
- have the ability to achieve results by effectively leading, and motivating your team to ensure they perform to their best and provide outstanding customer service.
- be able to perform under pressure and operate in a fast pace environment.
- have the ability to create an exciting and inspiring environment for customers and team, using your visual merchandising skills and commercial awareness.
- implement considered changes to maximise the stores potential, working with the centre manager to optimise profit.
- have good IT skills and be competent using our weekly sales and profit reports to effectively optimise sales and manage stock.
- ensure store standards are maintained and floor layout meets the company guidelines