Purpose of the Role...
This role is part of the Retail Team, responsible for field activity including promoters, merchandisers and trainers as well as in store furniture investment and G2M. Our field team visits in excess of 1,000 stores and call centres each week collecting information that needs to be turned into insight to help develop strategic and tactical decisions.
The mission of the Retail Reporting and Insight function is to extract, manipulate and merge multiple data sets into one model which allows the identification of opportunities or challenges within the retail environment & to translate them into actionable recommendations to achieve individual, team and company sales target.
The team contribute to the Big Data project, and the review of agency and customer contract performance, supporting the retail, sales and product teams in finding new opportunities for growth or efficiency.
A core part of the role will be to deliver reporting, insight and call to action for retail management and senior leadership team driving return of investment and sell out. Highlighting effectiveness of field investment of people and furniture, areas for potential investment and the impact on sell out, margin and market share of competitor investment.
Running weekly retail reports making sure they are shared with all relevant stakeholders in a timely fashion. Ensuring the accuracy of the reports through data validation of outputs and matching to inputs and that the input is error free. You will be responsible for finding solutions to and fixing any issues with data that is impacting reporting prior to the reports being issued.
You will be adding value to the business by adding insight to the reports, by reviewing muliple data points from sales, promotional activity, visits, furniture type, pricing, market trends and demographics to identify which levers are having an impact on sales and/or ROI and providing reccomendations of what actions to take to esnure profitability and sales targets are met.
As our business develops our reporting should also. An additional part of the role will be to add adttional data sets to current data and continually improve reporting via data modelling and visualisation utilising Qlik Sense.
- Manage and maintain Call File integrity and accuracy across 4,000+ Retail sites
- Data collection, conversion and aggregation into Qlik from 32 different sources,
- Data error checking on QlikSense
- Retail Reporting Helpdesk Management, delivery of insight and ad-hoc reporting as required
- Performance and Efficiency Analysis including promoters, fixtures, products etc
- Running various reports (Weekly/Monthly/Daily) ensuring data is accurate and timely from varying sources.
- Overlaying insight to establish next step recommendations for activities in IM, TV and DA
- Delivering full ROI analysis to multiple initiatives, making clear any recommendations to varying stakeholders, in order to improve profitability, Sales or Market share.
- Data validation and development through the utilisation of Qlik Sense - Lead on one product category (IM, TV or DA) but remain up skilled to work across all categories.
- Highly Analytical
- Good at spotting trends
- Highly Numerate
- Ability to draw on insight
- Ability to convert data into a story
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build and model data within Qlik Sense or SQL/VBA experience would be highly advantageous
- Would suit a computer science, data scientist or mathematics graduate
- Self-starter and motivator with an ability to deliver high quality under tight deadlines
To be successful in this role you ideally have:-
- Numeric/Business/Analytical degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an analyst role
- Experience in retail industry (Ideally mobile, consumer electronics or FMCG)
- Knowledge of consumer, product and retail trends and behaviour
- Qlik certified would be highly advantageous
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. March Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job