Retail Graduate Area Manager
Salary: £44,000 - £59,000 per annum
Are you an ambitious, driven and experienced Graduate looking for the right opportunity to develop a long-term retail career with an established national market leading retail business? If so, then this is the opportunity for you.
You will be passionate about over achieving, determined to succeed, have the ability to work with and develop a team to a high performing level and always want to be the best at what you do and proud of it. Your career aspiration will not be about the here and now but the next 10 years and you will already be setting yourself a high bar to achieve and be looking to climb the career ladder whilst making a huge impact on results and the team around you on the way. You will be a strategic thinking, bar raising problem solver with a do-it-better, be the best, ahead-of-the-game attitude.
Join this growing and progressive food retailer as a Graduate Area Manager and receive a starting salary of between £44,000 and £59,000, company car plus other fantastic benefits including:
- Bespoke training and development - including a thorough induction
- Personal mentor at senior level in the business
- Annual guaranteed salary reviews
- Quick progression
- You must be a forward-thinking graduate with a 2:1 Degree, and experience working within a management role for the last 2-3 years
- You should be confident in your own ability and determined to progress quickly.
- You will be articulate, bright, dynamic, determined and thrive on pace and deliver on meeting goals
- You will want to get ahead, be ambitious and have a natural leadership flow
- Achieve target against all retail operation KPI's
- Proactively and dynamically motivates self to achieve results and generates passion through others
- Ability to plan and prioritise simultaneously on short, medium and long-term objectives
- Confidence to take risks to achieve superior results but also prepared to learn from mistakes
- Committed to overall business excellence
- Candidates who have graduated and have a strong retail background are particularly encouraged to apply
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILIIES
After your initial training, you will:
- Deliver excellent interpersonal management skills with the ability to achieve strategic goals through other people
- Be able to spot opportunities to grow the business
- Communicate effectively with different departments within the business
- Deliver a high energy, fast paced customer environment
- Attract and recruit the best talent in to the business
- Produce an area operational plan that will deliver the retail plan, encompassing performance, customers, people and profit
- Conduct retail store visits which will ensure the delivery of consistent performance, adherence to company and legislative standards and compliance to policies and procedures
- Challenge and review working practices and propose improvement.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at:
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job