Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and
city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
What is Financial Shared Services?
Financial Shared Service (FSS) is a 120-strong support function for all business units across Greene King. We consist of entry level transaction roles (e.g. Purchase ledger, Payroll, Credit control) to part-qualified and qualified Management Account roles. Each team has supervisory and managerial roles with a promote-from-within ethos, so for team members that reflect our Winning Ways, there is significant potential of career growth!
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Overview of role:
Due to an internal move an opportunity has arisen for a Retail Finance Assistant working within Finance Shared Services (FSS) as part of the Retail Finance team. The role will be reporting into the Retail Finance Team Leader. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in developing a career in Finance and in particular anyone studying towards a professional qualification such as AAT (this however is not essential).
The role will work closely with the Retail Finance Team Leader and involve (amongst other things) the following;
- Reconciliation of revenue and bankings
- Reconciliation and verification of House expenditure claims
- Compliance to HM Revenue & Customs regulations on VAT
- First line of support for House Managers with systems/financial queries
- Ensuring House Manager compliance to the appropriate company policies & procedures
- Report and liaise with House Managers/Business Development Managers/ Financial Audit
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Produce accurate and timely accounts
- Any other ad-hoc work required by the team
The ideal candidate would demonstrate a keen interest in progressing a career within finance/accounts.
Experience in a comparable role would be advantageous and strong excel skills are essential.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Competent user of Excel
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions to problems
- Consistently deliver on commitments, despite challenging timescales and competing priorities
- Ability to present/explain financial information in a way that the intended recipient can understand
- Understanding & working knowledge of an integrated accounting package.
- Team player mentality
- Strong customer service ethos
- An enquiring mind with attention to detail
- The courage to challenge ways of working & procedures
What can we offer you?
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Offsite parking