A Finance Analyst job in Chesterfield centre wit ha large business paying £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Your new company
You will join a specialist Financial Analysis team within a large national company reporting into the Finance Manager for the division. This role is a permanent position following internal promotion, and you will join an established and experienced team so experience is necessary. Your new company has an excellent reputation in its market and is continuously looking to improve their service to customers and internal processes.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will join a team in which you will work alongside three other departments in finance. Your new role will be more analytical than the typical Assistant Accountant job but will entail some mainstream finance duties. You will produce management reports and thorough analysis to support the wider business, whilst providing an operational insight into the performance of the business. You should provide relevant and timely financial analysis to understand and evaluate income and costs
Typical responsibilities include:
- Production of high quality, timely and accurate management and financial reporting including:
- P&L reporting
- Contribution scorecards
- Gains and losses
- Weekly discrepancies
- Working with Retail team to identify and quantify reporting changes driven by business developments
- Supporting annual planning round & regular forecasting through provision of data and analysis
- Complete accurate, timely ledger postings incl. accruals and period end adjustments
- Financial review & commentary for month on month movements and annual trends
- Work with business areas, including Managers, to identify and resolve any data discrepancies
- Creating/developing/owning BI reports and dashboards
- Ensuring clear process documentation and a robust control environment ensuring smooth internal and external audits and compliance with the Banking Framework
- Support projects such as agency billing and back office transformation
- Supporting Retail and wider R&A team as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in a commercial finance environment with the above responsibilities is preferable whilst a working knowledge of SAP and/or BI is favourable. You should be competent at managing large data sets, producing reports and reporting to senior management. Exposure to LEAN processing and business partnering would also be beneficial.
What you'll get in return
In return for a working week of 37.5 hours between Monday and Friday you will receive a salary of between £25-30,000 dependent on experience. There is study support available as you should be part qualified and working towards completing your CIMA, AAT, and ACCA. There is a good benefits package inclusive on holidays, pension and flexible working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Finance Analyst
- Assistant Management Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job