Retail Finance Analyst
Now Careers are currently working for a leading international FMCG business based near Newport that is seeking to recruit an Assistant Commercial Accountant.
Reporting directly into the Finance Manager. you will primarily be responsible for assisting with the production and distribution of daily, weekly and monthly reports which are widely used in the business to aid decision making and to evaluate performance against forecast, budget and prior years. You will have a passion for finance and the ability to efficiently analyse large amounts of data.
- Produce and distribute daily, weekly and monthly sales, margin and profit information to key stakeholders in the business.
- Able to take initiative and investigate issues where appropriate.
- Preparation of financial data for trade meetings for review with merchandising and buying teams.
- Ongoing review and implementation of quarterly retail forecast updates.
- Monitor and report on Multi-channel sales performance. Giving insight into trends and performance to aid with decision making.
- Support completing investment appraisals for new stores sites ready for review.
- Work closely with the merchandising and buying teams on project work & reporting.
- Challenge the status quo and continually striving to improve reporting.
- Assist shipping team with freight and duty calculations.
- Assist the management accounts team with the production of timely and accurate management accounts.
- Liaise with external parties to give them updates on performance.
- Ad hoc analyses when required.
Skills you will have:
- Part qualified accountant or someone who is keen to study accountancy.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous experience working within a retail business preferable.
- The ability to manipulate data and produce reports in a user-friendly format to aid all levels of colleagues in the business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Capable of handling multiple projects.
- Keen to learn new skills & develop.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"