It is a wonderful opportunity for you as our Retail Development Manager, to be an influential leader, responsible for inspiring and motivating your shop teams to achieve their required sales and profit targets and recruiting and training volunteers. Your role is key to providing guidance, support and setting clear objectives and KPIs to ensure that the strategic aims of your team are met.
You will have the opportunity to use your retailing management skills, passion and commitment in a fast-moving and demanding environment, knowing that your contribution will be making a real difference to individuals and families facing a life-limiting illness. This role would suit someone who is self-motivated with excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills.
The key responsibilities of the Retail Development Manager are to…
• Maximise sales, Gift Aid and profit potential for all shops
• Ensure shops are stocked by taking responsibility for warehouse/stock/logistics
• Develop and maintain the best in charity retailing standards
• Grow additional relevant opportunities such as Ebay/Recycling/furniture painting including developing a new bespoke studio
• Explore the opportunities for supply and sale of new/bought in goods
• Ensure that all shops operate within the agreed guidelines
• Develop the shop management team and recruit/train shop volunteers
• Monthly KPI reporting to the Director of Income Generation
The successful Retail Development Manager candidate…
• Has a proven track record of success as a Retail Manager/Supervisor within a High Street or Charity Retailing environment along with a good knowledge of fashion, household goods and furniture.
• Must be a skillful and effective leader with experience of the recruitment, training and development of retailing teams, including volunteers.
• Must have proven IT skills and ability to understand retailing KPIs and interpret data
• Is an excellent communicator at all levels along with an ability to build good relationships, both internally and externally
• Must be a highly organised manager and have the ability to plan and organise own and the team’s workload to meet deadlines
• Will ideally have previous multi-site management experience and knowledge of Trading Standards, Health & Safety and Resale of Electrical/Furniture Regulations.
In return, you will receive a salary of c£27,000 per annum depending on experience.
Closing date for applications is 16th March with interviews being held on Monday 26th March 2018
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.