Founded in 1994, Fitness Superstore is a successful retail and distribution business selling through 10 stores, telephone and online - with an approximate annual turnover in the region of £30m. Fitness Superstore is regarded as a successful "omni channel" business with an unrivalled range of fitness equipment sold through the largest and most impressive showrooms in the UK. As an industry leading specialist, and the UK’s No. 1 Fitness and Gym Equipment supplier.
Based at our Northampton Head Office & Distribution centre we are now looking to appoint a "Retail Buyer", reporting to the Financial Controller and heading a purchasing department of four you will work closely with the MD and other senior managers/departments within the business. As Retail Buyer you will report directly to the Financial Controller.
We are looking for a competent Retail buyer to select and purchase fitness related products both suitable for our store network and growing online business, both within the UK and internationally. As a successful retail buyer, you will also need to negotiate with suppliers to secure competitive pricing and most importantly maintain strong relationships with suppliers, but always having a commercial view in mind.
Your overriding goal is to ensure that the business will always have exciting and innovative products, adequate stock levels to meet the requirements of the business and to facilitate sustainable growth in all sales channels.
- Identify customer buying patterns and forecast consumer trends.
- Evaluate supplier options according to prices, quality etc. and determine the best product choices.
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, such as sales, discount levels and where necessary participating in promotional activities across the business.
- Discover and purchase new fitness products (including attending trade shows at home and abroad), ensuring they meet quality expectations and European safety standards.
- Negotiate supplier terms and distribution agreements to achieve the best deal for the business.
- Ensure the timely delivery of products and compliance with the contracts of purchase.
- Monitor stock levels including "out of stock" items and ensuring overstocks are highlighted to senior management & implementing a clearance strategy when needed.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers where necessary.
- Liaising with other departments on a daily/weekly basis to ensure stock planning and other strategic projects are completed in a timely fashion.
- Presenting new product ranges to retail managers and the BPS senior management team.
- Attending internal management meetings and meeting regularly with key suppliers.
- Attending trade shows, in the UK and overseas, to select and assemble a new collection of products and to evaluate market trends in fitness.
- Providing a monthly management report on behalf of the BPS buying department.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a retail buyer or relevant role
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrable aptitude in effective negotiating
- Up to speed with purchasing best practices
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Professional qualification and/or educated to degree level an advantage.
- Highly computer literate. Good knowledge of MS Office applications; must be highly proficient with spreadsheets.
Salary negotiable (starting at £35K per annum plus discretionary quarterly GP bonus).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'