Retail Buyer (Up to 9 Month Contract)
£30,368 - £35,727 pro rata
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. We are currently recruiting for a Retail Buyer on a maternity cover contract lasting up to nine months.
The role is based within our Retail Product team, developing and sourcing commercial, credible and profitable product ranges so we can maximise sales through our shops, fundraising branches, mail order catalogue and online. This is important, not only because our products help communicate the work of the RNLI, but 100% of the profit from their sale is returned to the organisation to help fund its lifesaving work.
This role will involve:
- Sourcing and developing assigned ranges and projects
- Effectively communicating and negotiating with suppliers
- Delivering ranges to brief
- Delivering oranges and associated standard work on schedule
- Providing accurate copy briefing and proof checking
To be considered as a Retail Buyer, you will need:
- Buying and product development experience in key product categories at buyer level
- Broad experience and a full understanding of sales and profit targets, managing ranges to achieve targets and interpret results
- Experience of developing own-brand ranges, including interpreting design and market trends
- Strong commercial awareness
- An understanding of relevant production processes
- A Level qualifications or equivalent, ideally a degree
If you consider yourself to be someone who is brimming over with ideas, an articulate and confident communicator and team player, organised, and comfortable handling a number of projects at a time, then please apply.
Time is of the essence in filling this post, therefore unfortunately we cannot consider applications from candidates who are on more than 1 month’s notice.
The closing date for applications is the 18th February 2018.
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards our goals of halving drowning in the UK and Ireland by 2024. This involves a growing commitment to preventative action, using our expertise to work in partnership with communities locally, nationally and internationally to prevent drowning.
To apply for the role of Retail Buyer (Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Retail Buyer, Contract, Buyer, Purchasing Co-ordinator, Purchasing Officer, Procurement Officer, Retail Buying Executive, Retail Purchasing Co-ordinator, Purchasing, Product Development.