Our client is a Global leader in the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This role sits within the Downstream Segment our my clients business and within their Retail Fuels sector.
We are partnering with our client to recruit a European Category Manager - home based with travel through Europe.
As a Category manager, you will be accountable to:
- Decide and execute the category strategy as part of our clients customer value proposition across Europe
- Decide on the category framework and support Capability development across the category (and region)
- Accountable for Convenience Retail turnover and generated GM
- Decide and execute 3rd Party agreements for the category at Cross region level. From strategic partner selection to relationship governance and commercial set up and delivery.
- Decide and execute the Convenience, Marketing and investment plan by category
- Manage all aspects of risk across the category
- Proven performance management ability
- Highly customer responsive
- High level of interpersonal and team-working skills
- Good impact and influencing skills
- Good communication at all levels
- Very well organized and strong time management - ability to multi-task, prioritize, adapt, influence, and network
- Ability to understand changes in external and internal business environment
- Experience in implementation
- Strong internal and external relationship builder
- Strong in dealing with change management
- Ability to monitor and review budgets
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Experience of small format/convenience retailing
- Buying and category management strategy experience
- Branded Manufacturer negotiation experience
- End to end value chain evaluation, negotiation and implementation experience
- Experience of TCO modelling and "should cost" modelling capabilities
- Understanding of category and key dynamics / regulatory features
This role HOME BASED but with regular travel.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly Global business.
Please call Matthew in the Pink office for further information.
- Relationship Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job