Location: Central and South West London. Mixture of fixed term and permanent roles.
This is an opportunity to join the UK’s oldest hospice, providing compassionate end of life care to people at their in-patient centre and supporting patients and families in the community across seven London boroughs. As a valued charity, the hospice makes a difference to the lives of thousands of people with a life limiting condition.
You will be joining at a time when their retail operations matter more than ever. Their shops are instrumental in providing a sustainable source of income to support the work of the hospice, and we need motivated, forward thinking people in their shops to make that happen.
You’ll be supporting the Shop Manager in running the shop, so you’ll need to be commercially aware, well organised, and hands on. Working well with others is essential, as is having the passion and leadership skills to motivate a team of volunteers to maximise your shop’s profitability.
Comprehensive knowledge of current trends and brands, a flair for visual merchandising and an ability to utilise KPI’s to drive performance will be crucial for the role. Previous experience in a charity retail setting is desired but not essential.
Shop Assistant Manager responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
- maximising sales from donated and other goods and aiming to achieve the agreed income targets
- under the direction of the shop manager, assuming responsibility for stockroom and front of house tasks
- achieving required merchandising/ display standards
- engaging with retail campaigns to maximise the positive outcome on the shop
- delivering exceptional customer service and motivating a team of volunteers to do the same
- engaging with the local community/ local businesses to create beneficial relationships for your shop
In this role, you will be fully supported by your shop manager and members of the senior management team in your personal development and given the opportunity to build on skills required for a career in charity retail.
At an exciting time to join the organisation, we are looking for capable and ambitious assistant managers to contribute to obtaining maximum income from the shops to support and grow the work of the hospice.
What benefits do they offer?
This hospice embraces flexible working. You give your best when your job fits in with your lifestyle and family commitments.
- Staff benefit from regular social committee events; subsidised gym membership; a cycle to work scheme; interest free season ticket loan after six month probation
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays, in line with NHS terms and conditions. Bank Holiday pay enhancements.
- Join the organisational 'auto-enrolment’ pension scheme. They provide a free life assurance scheme
- Excellent induction and on-going training and development
For further information about how we use and share your personal data, please see visit the Royal Trinity Hospice website
- Visual Merchandising