Retail Assistant Manager Wallingford
Salary: £7.98 per hour
Hours: 15 per week
Contract Type: Permanent/ Part Time
Closing Date: 22nd October 2018 0:00
Are you a retail professional from either the commercial or not for profit sector looking to make a difference?
We're looking for an Assistant Shop Manager to help deliver real commercial success in our Wallingford store! In this varied and exciting role you will be instrumental to making sure the shop is at the hub of the local community, acting as the face of Cancer Research UK, and raising public awareness of our campaigns.
- Achieving agreed sales targets and maximising profit for the Charity
- Assisting in analysing shop data to take the appropriate actions as required
- Utilising your sales skills to maximise profits on the shop floor
- Assisting the Shop Manager to generate additional income/stock using the local corporate contacts and media
- Effectively manage paid staff and volunteers in the Shop Managers absence
- Provide support to the Shop Manager with the recruitment and training of paid staff and volunteers
- Ensuring that first class customer service is upheld at all times by shop staff and volunteers
- Building strong relationships with the team and volunteers to maintain a motivated and engaged workplace
- Assessing the skills and potential of the volunteer team and delegating accordingly
- Supporting with the implementation of new processes within the store
- Performing administrative and ad hoc tasks in support of the everyday requirements of the store
You will gain…
- Experience creating new visual & design displays
- Significant knowledge and understanding of retail operations and high street retail fashion
- Experience interacting with various teams across the wider organisation
- Ongoing exposure to training and development opportunities
- Good knowledge and experience of using computers
- Experience of managing a diverse team of people
- The opportunity to work in an environment where your development is actively encouraged
Rewards & Benefits…
- A range of generous rewards and benefits ranging from Gym Memberships, Season Ticket Loans and discounts for Childcare vouchers.
- 25 days annual leave a year plus public holidays
Cancer Research UK is leading pioneering, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 1,600 retail staff work relentlessly every day towards this goal.
- assistant manager
- team leader
- duty manager
- retail manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'