Retail Area Manager
We are looking for an Area Manager to cover South Birmingham region - Tewksbury, Droitwich, Bromsgrove.
- Lead and support sites to achieve / exceed net profit targets
- Manage the staff costs (wage budget) whilst maintaining customer service levels
- Ensure the sites within the area achieve budgeted waste levels
- Ensure that controllable costs are managed within budget
- Lead and support sites to achieve / exceed sales targets
- Ensure the area takes full advantage of retail promotions and marketing activity
- Develop sales initiatives that will maximise growth in the area whilst remaining within Company policy, and encourage Site Managers to do likewise
- Ensure that all sites meet Company standards of customer service
- Ensure that all sites within the area are controlling stock levels effectively, and take positive action to improve stock losses
Compliance with company policy and procedure
- Ensure via the Site Managers that all staff are aware of and compliant with all Company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all paperwork and administration relating to the area is carried out effectively and on time
- With the support of the Site Managers, ensure that all sites within the area are compliant with Company security procedures.
- Identify and recruit suitably skilled individuals within the area
- Carry out formal disciplinary action as required
- Ensure through the Site Manager that all staff are trained and fully competent
- Display enthusiasm and commitment by leadership and through adopting a professional approach
Development of Site Managers
- Ensure all Site Managers’ training needs which have been identified are implemented along with the staff trainer
- Ensure all Site Managers are fully competent and are managing the site effectively
- Conduct on the job training and coaching with Site Managers in all aspects of their duties and develop them to achieve their potential
- Conduct informal performance discussions and regular formal performance reviews with Site Manages in accordance with the Company Performance Review system.
- Undertake regular site visits with the aid of the site tick list
- Liaise regularly with all Site Managers within the area regarding the day-to-day running of the site
- Liaise regularly with the Head of Operations to communicate the performance of the sites and any operational problems.
- Communicate Company information, policy and procedure updates etc to all sites via the Site Manager
- Ensure that all sites within the area comply with Company standards of hygiene and the requirements of Due Diligence
- Ensure all sites within the area fully comply with legal requirements in relation to the sale of alcohol and other age-restricted products and petroleum spirit
- Ensure all statutory legislation relating to Environmental Health and Trading Standards is adhered to
Health and Safety
- Ensure that Health & Safety standards fully comply with both Company policy and statutory requirements with the aid of head office
For further information please call Matt in the Pink Office now!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"