Our client a national retailer is looking to recruit an Area Manager to cover the Preston area. Generous salary on offer plus car plus excellent holidays, benefits, pensions etc
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that each shop achieves its full sales potential.
- To ensure that Shop Managers and staff maintain a high level of service to customers at all times.
- To ensure that merchandise is clearly priced, to monitor pricing levels and to ensure a consistent level that will achieve maximum sales in accordance with current pricing policy.
- To ensure that each shop carries out correctly any nationally organised promotions, and also features its own regular seasonal and local promotions in accordance with the Foundation’s retail policy.
- To keep all controllable expenses to a minimum level without loss of sales and to ensure that shop staff are aware of the importance of cost control.
- To dispose of donated goods which are unsuitable for sale through the shops at the best possible prices in accordance with current policy and local arrangements.
- To ensure that the shops maintain high standards of display, cleanliness and tidiness, and that they project the correct image as specified in the Shops Procedures Manual. To liaise with senior management and Shops Division Property Department concerning decorations (exterior and interior), display equipment, carpeting, etc.
- To ensure that each shop has sufficient saleable stock and to advise Shop Managers on the generation of adequate supplies of donated stock.
- To check that shop sales areas are well stocked and that an efficient rotation system is carried out in accordance with standard procedures.
- To ensure that all stock on display is clean, attractive, saleable and well presented.
- To ensure that incoming stock is efficiently sorted and prepared for sale and that stock and sort rooms are properly organised.
- To arrange the transfer of stock between shops where necessary.
- To organise and maintain stock collection arrangements where this has been agreed with the Regional Manager.
- To control and monitor the stock, display and sales of all new goods in accordance with current procedures.
- To ensure that shops have the correct level of properly trained voluntary and salaried staff as agreed with the Regional Manager.
- To recruit, train and appraise staff in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- To arrange regular meetings of Shop Managers and staff for the purposes of training, communication and planning.
- To maintain a proper discipline in all shops, particularly with regard to time -keeping, trading hours, absence reporting, security, efficient shop work and management.
- In liaison with the Regional Manager to implement the disciplinary and dismissal procedures appropriate to paid and voluntary staff where necessary, in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- To keep proper records of full and part time staff and to ensure that the necessary payroll and employment documentation is submitted accurately and punctually.
- To monitor and control staff holiday dates to ensure that shops are properly staffed at all times.
- To visit all shops regularly to ensure that they are being managed effectively and efficiently and in accordance with the guidelines set out in the Shops Procedures Manual.
- Except in the case of emergencies, to plan shop visits in advance and to advise the Regional Manager, Field Operations Office and Shops Division Head Office of proposed itinerary.
- To record shops visits in the Area Managers Book and to include relevant comments and instructions for each Manager as required. To complete the Area Managers checklist at intervals agreed with the Regional Manager.
- To interpret and use the management information supplied by Head Office or obtained direct from shops. To keep weekly and quarterly sales analyses of area and shop sales for discussion and action as requested and to advise the Regional Manager weekly by telephone of all shop sales and other relevant information.
- To monitor all area and shop expenses and keep them to an acceptable level.
- To ensure that shops are properly supplied with consumable items, to authorise purchase orders for all shop consumables, to forward copies to supplier and Shops Division Head Office and to deal with any queries arising from these.
- To propose Sales Targets for each shop to the Regional Manager.
- To ensure that Shop Managers and staff are security conscious and are following the correct procedures on security matters in accordance with current instructions.
- To check that shop premises are secure and ensure that police are informed of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of key holders.
- To ensure that cash control, cash handling and banking procedures are properly followed.
- To carry out till checks regularly in each shop.
- With the Shop Manager, to make regular inspections of the interior and exterior of shop premises and to advise the Regional Manager and Property Department as appropriate of maintenance requirements.
- To arrange routine maintenance in accordance with current procedures.
- To deal efficiently with emergency maintenance, break-ins, in accordance with current procedures.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job