RETAIL AREA MANAGER - MISSGUIDED
Driving world class retail excellence throughout the business.
As our new Retail Area Manager, you will be fully accountable for the leadership and direction of the stores and concessions. Delivering operational excellence, whilst ensuring that our customers are always our number 1 priority. You will be passionate about achieving and exceeding all KPI’s set, inspiring the Management teams to run their stores like their own businesses.
You will epitomise Missguided by living the vibes, being a great fashion role model and delivering the highest operational and visual standards. You are able to spot and react to commercial opportunities in each of your market places. Working as part of the Senior Management team you will also drive retail projects. Building strong relationships with Head Office functions to help influence the success and the future growth of the business is key.
AS OUR RETAIL AREA MANAGER, YOU ARE:COMMERCIAL
- Lead the Store Managers to consistently evaluate the output of all store activity to ensure it is relevant, commercial and cost effective, exploiting all opportunities to generate sales and maximise profit.
- Manage the Area cost base to ensure that key targets are achieved i.e. payroll/sales ratios, stock loss etc.
- Ensure Brand visions and standards are implemented and maintained and visual and creative excellence is delivered in all stores.
- Develop close relationships with head office functions to support the delivery of the Missguided Brand
- Add insight and vision through store visits and branching activity, engaging key business partners when relevant and sharing best practice.
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of local knowledge and understand the competition in each of your market places, responding to shifting trends and new market opportunities.
- Work with key business partners to drive special events that are aimed at developing the brand presence such as Fashion Shows, promotions etc.
- Accountable for day to day trading
- Commercial flair – ability to prepare, review and report on budgets and expenditure
- Anticipate and plan for future challenges and business growth opportunities
- Always seek opportunities and areas to improve, encouraging the store teams to try new ideas to drive the business forward.
- Strong external awareness of other retailers and keep abreast of any changes that could impact our business.
- Support the Retail Strategy by working on projects and driving forward initiatives.
- You support the Head of Retail and are able to deputise in their absence.
- Constantly improving business performance by coaching and inspiring the retail teams i.e. store standards, profit, sales, service, customer experience and store visual standards.
- Demonstrate an ability to react quickly to changing situations and deliver at pace.
- Translating data and information effectively, you are able to identify trends and improve sales and commercial practices
- Knowing the strengths and abilities of the store teams and utilise this to drive talent management and succession planning
- Create a culture where well being matters, good performance is rewarded and recognised and builds a community which people want to be part of.
- Effectively manage performance and address any issues or concerns, delivering difficult messages with credibility.
- Translate strategic direction into meaningful actions and plans for the store teams.
- Flexible in your leadership style and approach to fit the needs of individuals.
- A strong coach, you help your Managers to develop their own solutions.
- Building close relationships with the Managers in order to foster their trust and engagement.
- Engage the store teams, ensuring they are given what they need to know, when they need to know it so that they feel empowered and informed.
- Demonstrate and enforce Company policies, practices and procedures
- A LEADER/ INSPIRER/ MOTIVATOR
- STRATEGIC whilst having the ability to be HANDS ON
- SELF AWARE & PROACTIVE about your own development, using internal and external opportunities to develop your leadership style.
- DRIVEN & TENACIOUS to achieve all KPI’s inspiring the store teams to deliver their own results.
- RESILIENT, taking feedback on board and delivering any feedback in a positive way to ensure the store teams remain engaged.
- EMPATHY AND EQ , knowing when it’s appropriate to drive forward own views, provide challenge or when to let things go.
- DECISIVENESS, you are able to engage others in the decision-making process and own the decisions that you have made.
- 1 ST CLASS COMMUNICATOR, ability to convey information clearly and concisely both in person, written correspondence and over the phone.
- Must have 5 years multi-site area manager experience of large format stores
- Experience of heading high performing flag ship store management team
- Experience of fast fashion high street retailing
- Demonstrates exceptional customer experience and commerciality to enable us to deliver a true omni channel experience
- Commercially savvy – astute in a rapid environment
What We Will Give You:
- A competitive salary
- Pension (that we contribute to as well!)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bonus (subject to company and personal performance)
- Staff discount
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare vouchers
- Death in service benefits
- Brand new, state of the art, fun working environment. Spacious desk areas, café, kitchen areas and quiet spaces where you can plug in and work in peace
- Regular team and companywide social events and parties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job