A dynamic high street retailer based in central Manchester are recruiting a Cost Accountant to join their group finance function and drive strategic change. The business is embarking on a marked period of transformation and the Cost Accountant will be pivotal in delivering meaningful MI to support business wide decision making and drive overall performance.
The Cost Accountant will sit at the interface between several business wide teams, providing crucial reporting, analysis and MI whilst having complete autonomy for month and year end reporting for their allocated costs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Autonomy for all accounting across allocated P&L
- Partnering internal cost centre managers in budgeting, forecasting and re forecasting
- Advising key stakeholders, both financial and non-financial, on spend and cost allocation to drive improvements
- Working closely with the Financial Controller on ad hoc projects and reporting
- Maximising the availability and quality of business wide MI
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting and analysis including presenting findings to senior leadership team
- Assisting with internal and external audit processes
- Conducting market research and analysis to maintain business competitiveness
This role is suited to a newly qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountant with the desire to join a rapidly changing business and be a part of their journey. A large element of the role is business facing and so confidence and the ability to influence key stakeholders is crucial whilst a strong grounding in management and financial accounting will be advantageous.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the role and business then please get in touch with Axon Moore.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job