Retail Analyst - Oxford
£25,000-£30,000 DOE + Company Performance Bonus & Benefits
Are you looking to make an impact in a role as member of the Retail Commercial Department? Are you able to support and analyse retail trends including margins, volumes, contracts sold, commissions paid and debt performance across all sales channels?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Opus Energy, part of the Drax group, is a leading independent supplier of gas and electricity to businesses all over the UK. With over 300,000 customers and circa 900 employees spread across modern offices in Oxford, Northampton and now Cardiff, we're a dynamic and innovative organisation. Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a Retail Analyst to join our fast-growing team in Oxford.
This role will be responsible for reporting data to senior management ensuring clear and concise presentation of any recommendations or conclusions you are making. Gain detailed understanding of Opus' competitive position in the energy market to ensure well rounded discussions can be held when making and changes to products.
Key responsibilities in this role include;
- Work with senior management across Opus to review retail performance and on-going strategy
- Assess performance of contracts received from a variety of sources to ensure they continue to provide well performing customers
- Gain detailed understanding of customer retention by optimising the dynamic between margin and retention rates
- Ensure sales margins are set in-line with business forecast plan and track performance relative to agreed targets
- Support the large tendered business on key potential customers where more bespoke offerings are often required ensuring the risks and rewards are both accounted for
- Analysing the risks and benefits of new products before and after release to market
- Understand the competitive market by gaining feedback from our sales teams along with any competitor information we can gather.
The successful applicant - What we need from you?
- Graduate (or relevant experience)
- Strong numerical, analytical skills and attention to detail, including a good statistical method.
- Good communication skills are essential to communicate and sell improvements to key stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel and SQL
- Ability to work flexibly and prioritise own work and react positively to change
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding. Including of what is desirable to the business and of the commercial advantages and disadvantages of various products.
If this sounds of interest and you're keen to develop your career within a growing company, please apply today!
You may have experience of;
Graduate analyst, Retail Analyst, Statistical Analysis, VBA, Business Objects, MI Reporting etc.
- Business Objects
- Statistical Analysis
- MI Reporting
- Retail Analyst
- Graduate analyst