Restaurant Supervisor – The Cornish Arms
Building a career in hospitality can be rewarding and finding the right team to support and challenge you is important. We are a growing family business that is always on the lookout for talented people to grow with us. We’re searching for an experienced Restaurant Supervisor that is proud to be a role model for their team and enjoys the challenge of leading when the Restaurant or General Manager is absent.
The Cornish Arms in St. Merryn, offers a simple British pub menu, with dishes like real beef burgers, mussels and chips and scampi in the basket. In the summer guests can sit outside in the fresh Cornish air and enjoy some of St Austell Brewery’s best ales and a great selection of wines, or cosy up by our log fires in the colder weather with some comfort food.
We’re passionate about providing the best service to our customers and developing our people to be the best that they can be. You will have many opportunities to develop your skills and we will give you all of the guidance that you need. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers since our first restaurant, The Seafood Restaurant, was opened in Padstow in 1975.
The benefits you’ll receive as Restaurant Supervisor:
- A share of tips for restaurant, kitchen, reservations and housekeeping teams
- 20% discount in our shops and restaurants
- A complimentary meal for yourself and a guest in one of our restaurants each year after your first six months
- Preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- A reward when you recommend a friend to work with us
- Rewards as part of our recognition scheme which range from a bottle of wine to a prize worth up to £250
- Full-time and part-time opportunities to suit your circumstances
- The opportunity to join a childcare voucher scheme (until April 2018)
- The opportunity to work overtime on top of your normal working hours
- Access to our employee assistance programme provided by leading charity Hospitality Action
- Team events with the opportunity to meet Rick Stein and Jill Stein
Your responsibilities as Restaurant Supervisor:
- Running service in an efficient and smooth manner even through extremely high levels of business
- Operating as a role model to the front of house team, demonstrating the best possible level of service
- Accurately completing the cash up at the end of each service
- Dealing with any customer complaints and seeking to resolve them
- Supporting with all relevant training of staff in the department
- Gaining exceptional product knowledge of both food and beverage
If this sounds like the next step in your career as a Restaurant Supervisor, we’d love to hear from you!
Click the apply button to submit your application.