Would you thrive working with an award-winning Executive Chef, whilst taking accountability for the growth of a new restaurant offering, to drive and deliver great results in line with business aims and an events calendar? If so, this role provides the perfect career opportunity to fully utilise your expertise and make your mark within an ambitious business currently undergoing significant change, with customers at the heart of developments.
Who will I be working with?
Hayloft Restaurant is part of multi-award-winning Bodnant Welsh Food Centre, set in the heart of Conwy Valley and surrounded by the stunning scenery of Snowdonia. Opened in 2012, the centre was established to provide a showcase for the best of Welsh food. The centre includes a farm shop boasting produce hand made onsite, tea room, cookery and wine school, along with a farmhouse bed and breakfast.
The Hayloft combines the very best of Bodnant in-house and local Welsh produce, catering for 72 covers at lunch and evening sittings. Proud to be listed as a finalist for 'Outstanding Restaurant of the Year’ from Food Awards Wales, the aim over the next few years is to become one of the best restaurants in North Wales.
Since the recent arrival of Executive Chef, Hefin Roberts, customer feedback has greatly improved, and the experienced Management team have the vision to take the Bodnant Welsh Food Centre to exciting new heights. This opening for a Restaurant Manager provides a superb opportunity for a professional to develop this restaurant with the Chef and support from the Marketing team, to reach the business aims.
What will this role of Restaurant Manager entail?
Working closely with the Executive Chef and Marketing Manager, you will take responsibility for managing the restaurant and bar, whilst providing support with large functions and events. Your remit will include directing and organising the restaurant team which consists of five colleagues plus bank staff, to ensure delivery of a first-class service. In addition, you will be involved with reviewing food and beverage offerings and marketing, in order to maximise profits and guest satisfaction. As the check in and check out function for accommodation is serviced from the bar area, you will ensure that efficient procedures are followed by the team. Your duties will include, although not be limited to;
- Creating and executing plans for sales, profit and staff development
- Taking ownership for organising staff rotas
- Organising pre-shift meetings and communicating all pertinent information
- Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counselling and disciplining Front of House staff
- Greeting customers, organising table reservations and offering advice about menu and wine choices
- Resolving any issues to the satisfaction of all involved parties
- Supporting menu development
- Completing stock checks and ordering supplies
- Organising special events within the restaurant
- Assisting the Marketing team with promotions and collateral
- Completing daily and monthly reports
What will I need to be considered for this Restaurant Manager vacancy?
- Proven experience as a restaurant manager, ideally with AA rosette experience and wine knowledge or qualifications (WSET)
- Passion for Welsh food and producers, with a desire to excite customers and staff about the quality of Welsh products
- Strong commercial acumen and results driven
- Charismatic with a natural flair for exceptional service
- Be an inspirational team leader and highly effective communicator
- Exceptional attention to detail
What will I receive in return?
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 level dependent on experience
Working Hours: 40 hours per week. Wednesday to Saturday 12pm to close (10pm), plus Sunday working half day to cover lunch service.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Conwy (North Wales). Easily accessible within 5 minutes of the A55.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Restaurant Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Hayloft Restaurant. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Hayloft Restaurant, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.