Hamilton Brown is delighted to be recruiting for an exceptional Restaurant Manager for our clients AA Rosette within their award winning 4 Star hotel in County Down, Northern Ireland.
My client prides their inhouse teams on being dedicated, friendly team with a passion for high standards and professionalism. People are key to their success and value their staff as they recognise the role every one of them plays within the Company.
As Restaurant Manager you will ensure the smooth running of their signature restaurant in line with the Company's Four Silver Star and AA Rosette standards and meeting budgeted forecasts.
You will also be responsible for the development and training of staff ensuring that their skills and knowledge are applied to meet the standards set by the Company.
My client is looking to recruit and train a talented individual who shares our passion for hospitality and who can truly engage themselves in a fast paced environment.
Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Hours: 5 days out of 7, as rostered Monday-Sunday
Salary: Up to £25,000 gross per annum, depending on experience.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Running service to 4 Silver Star and 2AA Rosette standard in all food areas of the hotel in all services
- Maximizing covers and revenue in line with targets
- Rostering of staff in line with bookings, financial targets and service standards
- Effective communication with staff, heads of department and senior management to ensure the smooth running of daily operations, to include daily team briefs and handovers
- Training, development and all aspects of HR management within the department, including planning and organising staff holidays, managing absence and performance
- Ensuring guest satisfaction is maintained at Four Star hotel and AA rosette standards, including effectively managing any customer feedback to ensure continuous improvement of customer service
- Liaising with the Sales team including organising operations for upcoming promotions and events
- Ensuring staff compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations in line with Company policies and procedures
- Flexibility to work in other departments and take on Duty Manager role.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Restaurant Manager.
- Extensive food and wine knowledge.
- A proven track record of delivering high standards of customer service and presentation.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills, to include knowledge and experience of human resource management practices.
- Financial Management & budgeting skills.
- Computer literacy to include use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must be eligible to work and live in the UK in line with UK legislation.
- Previous experience within Hotel environment at 4 star or higher
- Previous experience at AA rosette level Demonstrable Skills (Assessed at interview)
- Knowledge of 'the client' at a commercial level (Available on our website)
- Proven ability to respond positively to a pressurised environment and adopt a positive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Please register your interest via our website, www.hamiltonbrown.com, and one of our consultants will be in touch.