Full time, permanent position
Castle Hospitality and Cleaning division are looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to join the team at one of our clients. After a recent restructure of the restaurant, this beautifully located restaurant nestled on the edge of Whitby is looking to build on their current success within the hospitality sector. The menu is extensive, including French classic food, traditional Yorkshire meals and fresh homemade dishes. As well as offering the ever-popular afternoon tea. This role will suit a passionate manager coming from a hospitality background.
- Ensuring the day to day running of the teams within the busy restaurant, including both front of house and the kitchen teams.
- Delivering an excellent level of customer service and encouraging other to do the same so all customers receive an excellent experience.
- Managing customer complaints quickly and effectively
- Supervise, manage and organise shifts including rotas, table allocations and to work with the kitchen manager estimating the need for cleaning products, table decorations and kitchen supplies.
- The ability to organise and carry out appraisals for all front and back of house staff and offering constructive feedback.
- Responsible for all compliance in the restaurant including sanitation and safety regulations
- Have an input into continually improving the restaurant.
- Reporting on a weekly, monthly and yearly regarding expenses and revenue.
- Train any new staff on correct customer service and conduct in line with the company's guidelines
- Train current staff and up-skill where necessary
- Implement new and maintain policies and protocols that will maintain the restaurants day to day running.
- Proven experience as a Restaurant Manager, General Manager (in the hospitality sector), Food and Beverage Manager, Hospitality Manager, Catering Manager
- Extensive food and beverage including alcoholic and no alcoholic knowledge and previous experience working within a restaurant or similar
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Previous experience managing, completing appraisals, and training staff
- Passionate about delivering an outstanding service and enjoys working in the hospitality sector.
- Free parking
- Complementary meals whilst on duty
- Discount to use in the restaurant
- Free uniform
- Additional annual leave rewarded for length of service
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please contact Sophie on or send your CV to
- restaurant manager
- catering manager
- food and beverage manager