The Career Coach is an essential part of our programme to support our participants who have recently become unemployed.
The Career Coach will build and maintain effective rapport with this type of participant to find sustainable employment commensurate with their aspirations, employment goals and skills level. Face to face or remote digital meetings will be used to engage with the person.
The objective of this programme is to provide immediate and fast paced support to promptly identify the type of assistance required to enable our participants to re-join the labour market; the career coach will need to work with a caseload of participants who have specific requirements such as niche sectors; they may not have experienced unemployment before and will need to be supported in a sensitive and adaptive way to create trust and rapport.
As the Career Coach, you will be responsible for:
- Building effective and positive relationships with participants, working collaboratively with them to identify the support required to enable them to quickly re-join the labour market.
- Providing a predominately remote and digital support service, effectively utilising platforms such as video conferencing, iWORKS / ICAREER, (and others) to recommend appropriate job search activities and community and industry networking opportunities.
- To seek to identify areas for continuous improvement through creativity and flexibility.
- Ensuring that participants have an up to date and professional CV and, supporting statements and covering letter, tailored appropriately for each application.
- Providing job search support, guiding participants to register on appropriate jobs boards and ensuring their digital profiles are up to date and visible to employers.
- Providing industry specific specialism, based on relevant sector experience, for example retail / manufacturing / contact centre.
- Working in partnership with the internal Employer Services team and relevant external employment support services to immediately identify appropriate job opportunities.
- Engaging with the Partnership & Integration team to provide additional support required to overcome potential barriers preventing the immediate return to work.
- Supporting participants in preparing for job interviews, conducting mock interviews and assessment activity
- To conduct a diagnostics assessment with all referred clients to assess job readiness and the appropriate level of support required on the customer journey throughout time on program.
- To ensure clients have access to workshop / module options based on individual diagnostics and tailored support (inc. health, mental health, transferable skills, job searching, cv writing, interview skills)
- To work with pace and urgency – planning and forecasting ahead and discussing next steps on a weekly / monthly basis
- To maintain quality client records on the database so that they outline the client’s journey on the programme.
As our Career Coach, you will have:
- Sophisticated coaching style to ensure appropriate levels of engagement with the participants targeted for this service.
- Knowledge of commercial management positions and their generic requirements
- Able to understand different sectors and how skills are transferable in higher level managerial positions.
- Resilience in helping to resolve issues in different ways; not just following the easiest route.
- Excellent communication skills that will enable translating the person’s requirements to internal areas such as Employer Services Team.
- Ability to report on their role to Head of Delivery.
- Employment Coach Competencies
- Experience of working in a fast paced, evolving environment with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment, such as business to business sales or equivalent.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and understand its importance in both client relationships and teamwork.
- Ability to deliver services remotely using digital platforms and confident using video conference to delivery high quality participant appointments.
- Sufficient experience of a specific industry sector to be leveraged as an industry specialism.
- An adept communicator with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and adapt to client needs and communication to inspire, motivate and challenge participants.
- Knowledge of the labour market, wider provision and stakeholders local to the area in which you are applying.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively network to build and maintain effective relationships internally and externally.
- High level digital literacy skills, and data accuracy skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web-based communication technologies.
- Excellent organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage a busy schedule/workload under pressure.
- A strong commitment to personal and professional ongoing development.
As an Ingeus employee, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- A flexible working environment – work from home 2 days a week
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Private medical care
- Company pension
- Online discount shopping
- Additional leave for personal development and community volunteering
- The opportunity to buy extra perks such as extra annual leave, critical illness cover, dental insurance, discounted gym membership, wellbeing services and more.
Part of international human services provider, APM Group, Ingeus is all about people and our mission is to enable better lives. We specialise in creating and delivering employment, health, justice, and youth services. Every day our teams across the UK help people improve their employment, skills, and wellbeing. We are purpose-led, passionate and proud to work with our colleagues, customers and communities to drive social change.At Ingeus, we value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, including a positive working environment. We are a Disability Confident Leader,
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'