Reporting to the EMEA Resource manager and supporting the business segment managers and project group, including projects remote from Leatherhead. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in planning and managing EMEA resource needs.
Resource Allocation: Responsible for identifying and securing the deployment of appropriate resources to projects based upon resource availability, capability, behaviours and business needs.
Resource Management: Developing a relationship with and knowledge of EMEA staff in order to maximize their effectiveness and as an input to resource planning and allocation. Work closely with Business Acquisition, Business Development and Operations to ensure proper visibility and communication into resource needs for current open positions and upcoming identified project and corporate needs.
Matrix Management: Select and confirm tactical resource decisions, such as internal resource allocation and recruitment. Provide leadership in directing where strategic appointments are needed to support business strategy.
Recruitment: Identify external resource needs and secure JDs and requirements from projects. Decide upon candidate identification through HR, previous candidate databases, LinkedIn and social media, TSR, external agencies etc. Coordinate recruitment approach, monitor and track progress, intervene and direct where changes are needed to secure suitable candidates.
Resource Development: Working with Operations and discipline leads to identify resource strengths and weaknesses, training requirements and skill gaps to ensure proper staffing and secure freelance resources as needed. Ensure that Graduates and people seeking professional qualifications are supported. Identify and manage selection process. Facilitate rotational and development opportunities in conjunction with the Resource Manager.
Resource databases: Co-ordination and maintenance of the CV and corporate resource information databases including qualifications, training, behavioural /competency development etc.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
• Resource planning, sourcing and utilization management and make staffing recommendations in concert with Resource Manager, Operations and Project Managers.
• Deputise for the Resource Manager as required
• Propose staffing options to project assignment needs that align with skills, professional goals and/or staffing preferences.
• Support resource requests for EMEA by validating requirements and identifying candidates. Review and agree JDs and open position requirements.
• Advise delivery team on how best way to engage in the resource management processes and recommend improvements for efficiency.
• Utilize all available Resource Management tools to; capture and communicate resource needs, identify candidates and develop staffing solutions for open positions. Including use of workflow within TALEO to improve efficiency and consistency of open position tracking
• Maintain staff database to understand current and future resource requirements.
• Understand the resource utilization factors and movements in the resource capability and structure.
• Resolve staffing conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties, which may include identifying alternatives and negotiating with delivery teams, discipline leads and resources.
• Actively maintain one-on-one relationships with EMEA resources in order to understand resources career goals, preferences and training requirements.
• Update and manage Resource Management reporting.
• Secondary interface point to Discipline Managers to facilitate sharing of resources
• Support rotational placements and identify opportunities for staff career development that aligns to AIM objectives for the EMEA workforce.
• Identify and agree mentors to Graduates and others seeking professional qualifications
• CIPD qualification is desired
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Resource Management type roles and tasks.
• Strong critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Strong conflict resolution skills, including the abilities to negotiate and influence others.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to manage and resolve complex and sensitive situations.
• Ability to multitask and p